Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Installing upgrade AccountRight 2020.2

Using Google Chrome I checked in to V19.4 and installed the 2020.2.2 upgrade, then restarted the computer.  When I attemped to open the new icon the error message is "The company file was saved in an earlier version and is still checked out for working offline.  Before it can be upgraded to AR2020.2.2 you'll need to open it in the version of AR it was saved in and check it back in."  What have I done wrong?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,285 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,285Posts

1,573Kudos

1,878Solutions

Re: Installing upgrade AccountRight 2020.2

Hi @Gennie 

That message would mean that the online file your trying to upgrade is currently checked out. Only checked in online files can be upgraded to a new version.

To check the file back in open it in your old version and take a back up of the file (option al but recommended) then go to File >> Check In to return the file back to being online. Once its checked in then you can open the file in 2020.2 and upgrade it to that version

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks.  But when I want to check back in to 19.4 it reads:

A new version of AR is available.  Please update your software prior to accessing your online file."  What does that mean?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,285 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,285Posts

1,573Kudos

1,878Solutions

Hi @Gennie 

That message generally means that the online servers that contain the file your trying to check in have been decommissioned. AccountRight 2019.4 servers, as mentioned on our decommissioning post, were scheduled for decommissioning on 17/7/2020 and this has been completed.

As the file is on a decommissioned server your only option would be to right click on the file in the library browser and choose view file. This will open a read only version of the file that you can back up. You’ll need to take a back up to retain all of the information you have entered in as the next step is to go File >> Undo Check Out (Discard Changes).

This will put the file back online, however it will have only the information it contained when it was last online. You’ll then need to restore the backup locally and upgrade that file to either 2020.1 or 2020.2 first before taking another backup of the file in the new version. This new backup can be restored online to upgrade the file to the latest version with all the information contained within it

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

When I got to the undo check out discard changes part I was required to sign in and 2xfactor auth and got click here for the latest version which takes me back to the download button on the web site.  I've already been here before but if I try to install again it wants to uninstall or modify!  I didn't really understand the bit about right click library browser but I already have a back up I did earlier today before I started all this.  

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,285 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,285Posts

1,573Kudos

1,878Solutions

Hi @Gennie 

The Library Browser in AccountRight is the window that comes up when you click Open a Company File. However if you have an up to date backup you can skip to undoing the check out of the online file.

Windows will only allow you to have one copy of a program installed and if you try and install another copy of an installed program it will ask you to modify or uninstall the program.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

So shall I un-install it and try again?

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

NO.  This is just going around in circles and wasting a lot of time.  Basically, I can't check in because I'm not upgraded and I can't upgrade because I can't check in.  Also, how come it doesn't remember me for 30 days?  I've had to sign in and get the email multiple times today.  

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry but it's time for me to leave today or I will be locked in.  I hope this will be able to be resolved tomorrow.

Thanks and bye for now.

Gennie

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I hope you have not given up on me.  I still have not solved this issue.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post