Issues with V2022.10 on a Network

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mags
Trusted Cover User
103 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

103Posts

126Kudos

5Solutions

Issues with V2022.10 on a Network

Our Network automaticly update this morning to V2022.10 and now I'm getting an Error as per attached document. We have Server Edition on the Server and this has updated to the latest version including all the Workstation Editions have also updated...now none of the Workstation can open the Company File we keep getting "Server update required" when the Server has been updated. I have been waiting on hold for over 4hrs with MYOB Support and no-one seem to know how to fix this. Please Help we have no access to our company file.
6 REPLIES 6
NicholasC
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Issues with V2022.10 on a Network

I'm getting the exact same error on eveyones computer, can access fine from MYOB on the server 

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @NicholasC @Mags 

Thank you both for your post. 

Are you both still experiencing the same problem? If so, I'd suggest taking a look of this post on the same topic, where user Workshop2 shared the solution worked for him/her:

image.png

Please do give that a try and let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Casacc
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi CloverQ,

Workshop2's post you refer to has attracted multiple responses from multiple users saying Workshop2's post is unclear and others are saying Workshop2's solution doesn't work. Not once on that thread has MYOB actually responded.

Please kindly point to another post from an actual MYOB representative where the issue is acknowledged and a solution is suggested - I can't find one on the forum anywhere, and MYOB phone support is not a functional alternative. This issue has been afflicting users for A MONTH.

If the above is not possible, please confirm this is a known issue, and confirm that MYOB is working to find a solution.

Thanks and best regards.

Kat21
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I to am still having issues. We have uninstalled and reinstall. Had my IT look at this. I've sent my file to Myob on their suggestion on the 29th November 2022, I've rang back last week, emailed yesterday and I'm sitting on the phone now, getting very frustrated - no one has answers. As we can only access on our server computer I have people not being able to do their job - this cost money and time. Please let me know a solution.

Thanks 

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @Casacc 

This is a community driven forum where all users can share their experience and help each other, not all posts will receive an MYOB moderator response.

All the findings so far suggests this is an environment related problem, most likely that the 2022.10 auto-update was not installed properly on the server due to the server set up/environmental interference. Many forum users have shared that uninstalling and reinstalling AccountRight v2022.10 server edition on the server computer has resolved the problem for them, some users had to adjust their firewall settings in order for AccountRight Server Edition to be reinstalled correctly. 

Therefore, I do suggest uninstalling and reinstalling AccountRight server edition on the server computer with any anti-virus/firewall software temporarily disabled or checked. In the thread I previously linked, user Luc_Munro on page 5 shared more details of their experience including some firewall settings, hopefully it can help you out too. Additionally this Help article has more information on installation check-ups for your reference - Installation troubleshooting, you may also need to seek assistance from your IT professional.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @Kat21 

I can see that that you've sent in a screenshot of the error when spoke to our phone based team on 29th. The error message mentions that 'The server you are trying to connect to has Unknown installed'. This error is the same as what user Luc_Munro had, I'd suggest checking out his/her comments on page 5 of this thread for more details, and try the same troubleshooting steps. Please have your IT professional check out the firewall settings or temporarily disable any anti-virus/firewall software on the computer when reinstalling AccountRight server edition, this Help article installation troubleshooting also has more details on the required settings.

I understand that you've sent the file in to be checked, if there's any problem with the company file itself our teams will let you know. There is one situation worth noting is that if the error only occurred to you after restoring a backup of an online file to the server computer, please remove that restored file, instead please restore the backup to the PC edition locally first, open the local file, back it up then restore it into the server edition. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post