Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Journal entries

I have recently upgraded AccountRight to the latest version and I notice when I am entering journal entries using the tab function it goes from the memo section straight to 'save as recurring' instead of down to account number.  This is extremely annoying and I am not sure why it has been changed?

6 REPLIES 6
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,378 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,378Posts

341Kudos

518Solutions

Re: Journal entries

Hi @Karoman55 

We've tried to replicate the same situation on our sample files and the TAB function is working as expected, as it tabs to the Account Number field after the Memo field. As it's not working correctly for you, can you please try clearing the AccountRight cache and then try entering the journal again. Does it then tab as expected?

If not, can you try doing the same on clearwater sample files so we can rule out any file specific issues?

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Karoman55
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

That didn't work in either my file or Clearwater - it still tabs down to recurring.  I cleared the cache but it didn't work any differently either.  It is only since the upgrade.  What now?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,378 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,378Posts

341Kudos

518Solutions

Hi @Karoman55 

This will require further investigation, therefore, can you please attach a screenshot of the journal entry you're trying to record. We did have some issues with the memo field not getting selected using the TAB key in the latest version, but not with the Account Number field. Once we have the screenshots, we would be able to ensure if that's linked to the same issue. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Karoman55
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I have attached here.  I have several journals that I use reguloarly - this is one of them.  They are all doing the same thing

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,378 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,378Posts

341Kudos

518Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Karoman55 

Thank you for attaching the screenshot. Upon further investigation, it has been found that it is linked to the issue that I described earlier and therefore impacts tabbing when something is entered in the Memo field. It has been raised with the product development team for a permanent fix and in the meanwhile, you will have to manually click into the Account number field if you're using the TAB key after writing text in the Memo. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Karoman55
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the information.  I will continue to do that and it might get a fix in the next update I'm hoping.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post