MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

MYO Files converted to MYOX Files

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
SSPS
2 Posts
User
Australia
SSPS
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYO Files converted to MYOX Files

We cannot log into MYOB AccountRight Plus due to the following error message:

The connection to the server was lost.  Please check that the server is on and connected to the network.

We could log onto MYOB AccountRight Plus yesterday.  We have a stand alone laptop with a single licence and have no issues with our internet connection.  I notice all our historic company files now have the extension MYOX, not MYO.

Can you please advise how we correct this issue?

Gill

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
23,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

23585Posts

2665Kudos

3374Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: MYO Files converted to MYOX Files

Hi @SSPS

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

When opening certain older versions of the program, AccountRight does need to ensure that 3 key Window Services are started. If those services are not started, AccountRight will not be able to open that particular Library/Company file.

In your case it does sound like the AccountRight Server service is not working as intended and as such, I would recommend working your way through Help Article: AccountRight server service issues.

You also mentioned the company file extension changing from myo to myox, this is perfectly normal. Once a company file has been migrated to AccountRight 201x the file extension of that migrated file would be a myox file (myo file extensions are used by the AccountRight Classic (v19) range.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
SSPS
2 Posts
User
Australia
SSPS
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYO Files converted to MYOX Files

Hi Steven

I followed the AccountRight server service issues and simply had to change the status of the server to Running.

Many thanks for your assistance - the community forum is a great idea.

Gill 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post