Partner Zone
Partner Zone

MYOB 2018.4 Crashing Due to Out of Memory

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner Katiek
31 Posts
Partner
Australia
Katiek
Partner

31Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB 2018.4 Crashing Due to Out of Memory

Hi there,  

A number of our staff experience each week an 'System.OutOfMemoryException' error when running simple weekly payroll summary and advice reports.  We have checked the memory of the PC at the time and it isn't struggling, nor are there too many other programs open.  Only Email, one website and MYOB.  Is there anything we can do to avoid this happening?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
634 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User

634Posts

400Kudos

13Solutions

Re: MYOB 2018.4 Crashing Due to Out of Memory

Hi @Katiek

Good luck with this error.
I am getting it 10+ times a day at the moment.   Its nothing in 99% of the cases to do with your PC and its all related to the AR2018.

MYOB are aware of the issues (some of them) cause the problem and I understand they are working to address it.
No time frame and no real comitment to fixing the issue.

Regards

Andrew

Partner Katiek
31 Posts
Partner
Australia
Katiek
Partner

31Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Andrew, at least it is not just us experiencing this.  I will look forward to a resolve.

Thank you

Katie

Partner Katiek
31 Posts
Partner
Australia
Katiek
Partner

31Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, is there any further advise on this subject?  I have just had another staff member have the problem again.  Attached is the error log if that helps.

Thank you

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,147 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6147Posts

994Kudos

876Solutions

Hi @Katiek

Just saw this thread and through to add something to it, I do know that there has been a lot of work made on the memory management and performance side of AccountRight and the release that contains these optimisations is currently being tested and should come out with the next release of AccountRight to help address these kinds of issues.

As a Partner you should be notified by both an In-product message and an email when this released. When the release is fully available for all Users we we will normally make a Post on the AccountRight Blog detailing what has been improved in this release.

My understanding is that the exact release date is still being decided as they are waiting on the testing to finish though the idea is to have this released either later this month or early next month.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Team
Partner Katiek
31 Posts
Partner
Australia
Katiek
Partner

31Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Hayden, I appreciate your reply.

Katie

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post