Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB 2019.1 update timing out

Hello,

I recently updated our MYOB 2019.1 AR Server Edition. There was a couple of computers that have a certificate error but was able to get it working using the solution here: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/MYOB-API-upgrade-installation-error-0x8007... on all but one machine.

Most of the other computers/server updated without issue however now it's timing out constantly and is unuseable. 

Any advice on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Edit: I tried the following here: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/This-Session-has-Expired-error/td-p/568980
Nothing worked and I had to copy their company file locally so the payroll officer could process the pays but this needs to be accessible from the server.
Ran the hotfix tool
Nothing on the firewall is blocking those port/IP addresses

Restarted computers and servers multiple times.
Copying the file locally worked, but this isn't going to work long term.

9 REPLIES 9
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB 2019.1 update timing out

Hi @Greenskills 

Due to numerous reports of a Session has expired messages we are have deployed an updated installer for AccountRight 2019.1 Server Edition. As such, we do recommend clients look into uninstalling AccountRight 2019.1 Server Edition and then reinstall using the new AccountRight 2019.1 Server Edition installer.

For more information on this message do look at AccountRight 2019.1 - "The Session has Expired" error for more information on that message and the updated installer.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Greenskills
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello

I installed this update on a computer that didn't have MYOB already installed as well as updated another one and sadly they are still having the time out issue. It did seem to work better that before but they didn't finish processing the pays before it timed out.

Confirmed version: 2019.1.22.2298

I've copied the company file locally so the pays can be processed but this is going to cause an issue long term.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,289 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,289Posts

515Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Greenskills 

Sorry about the delayed response. I'm wondering if the issue is still occurring for you?

If so, could you please check if the server computer is running version 2019.1.22.2298? 

If the users gets different error messages other than the 'Sessions has expired' one, could you please let us know the exact error message(s)? If there's option to view more details, please click on that and copy the log here, otherwise, could you please attach the diagnostic log here, which should provide more insight.

The best way to get the diagnostic log file is:

1. Hold Windows + R on the keyboard to bring up the Run command.
2. Type: %localappdata% as per the image. 

3. Click OK and it should take you to the MYOB folder. 
4. Open the MYOB Folder.
5. Open the AccountRight Folder.
6. Open the Version folder (E.g: 2019.1)
7. Open the Diagnostics folder.
8. Attach the Huxley.Application text file.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you

I have confirmed that it has version 2019.1.22.2298.

I don't actually use MYOB myself so will get the people that do to send through the information and let you know.

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@CloverQ 

Attached are the log.

There is essentially three computers over two sites that use MYOB. Two of the computers are used by payroll staff who are having the time out issues. Another staff member that also use MYOB (not for payroll) is working fine. The computers were all upgraded to 2019.1 at the same time and I can't see any reason why it's working on one but not the other two. 

I've attached the screenshots of the error messages and the logs from one of the computers that are getting the error message. If I copy it to their computer locally, it works with no time out issues. This has lead to now having multiple company files so I don't want to do this anymore.

Thanks,

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Some additional error messages they sent through

MYOB1.PNG
myob2.PNG
myob3.PNG
myob4.PNG
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,289 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,289Posts

515Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Greenskills 

Thank you very much for the error log and screenshots. With those information I'd suggest checking the following:

- On the computers where the issue occurs, please ensuring that the Windows updates have been performed, and that the Microsoft .net framework has been updated to the latest release of version 4.7.2

- The error log indicates that it's possible that port number v2019.1 uses is in conflict with other manufacturer's ports. I'd suggest following this Help article to change the port number, then stop/start AccountRight server services - AccountRight server service issues. Please also make sure AccountRight v2019.1 is excluded from any anti-virus software installed - Speed and performance tips

- Sometimes if a particular task is taking too long to complete, it may throw the timeout error. You can try change the default timeout parameters. I've sent you a private message with the instructions. 

I hope this helps, please do let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you

I've confirmed it has the latest Windows updates and .Net 4.7.2

I had already applied the fix and the port it's using is 56668. Confirmed in regedit that the old and new entries are there. I had already added all the exceptions in the anti-virus but made the scope much more broader so nothing should be getting stopped. 

I've applied the extender fix that you PM'ed me now.

Just waiting for my payroll person to test. 

10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you, this appears to now be working.

I believe it was the extender that got it working again.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post