MYOB 2022.11.0 Build 2022.11.24.7649 Export to excel not working

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DeJong
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB 2022.11.0 Build 2022.11.24.7649 Export to excel not working

Hi all, I have encountered this problem at my new work place where I am trying to export the report into excel format and it does not work. It does not come up with an error either. Simply nothing happens after I click on Export-> Excel. Rest of the export features are working like export to pdf etc. Can somebody please provide a solution for it?

I have also attached the Diagonostic Log as it has been repeatedly asked by the MYOB experts in similar situations. 

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: MYOB 2022.11.0 Build 2022.11.24.7649 Export to excel not working

Hi @DeJong 

The log that you've attached mentions this specific error "System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass" which is an interop error meaning when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Office/Excel is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Excel may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind.

There is a range of interop errors, these most often are fixed by one of the following:

A. Quick Repair office. (any missing files should be added back)
B. Re-Register DLL files and Check/Fix Registry Keys (there are 3 to complete)

Step B would require an IT Professional as its an environmental issue, with windows having missing or incorrect information and this help article has similar instructions which might help: 

https://webmakers.co.nz/interface-not-registered-exception-from-hresult-0x80040155-microsoft-office-...

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DeJong
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB 2022.11.0 Build 2022.11.24.7649 Export to excel not working

Thanks Komal. I will let our IT guy had a look into your solution and will report back whether it worked or not. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post