MYOB ACCOUNT RECOVERY - SCAM EMAIL?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TTO
Experienced Cover User
68 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

68Posts

16Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB ACCOUNT RECOVERY - SCAM EMAIL?

I have Accountright Live in use for 2 datasets and 1 local.  There are 2 users for the datasets.  I am the Administrator.  Neither I nor the other user have asked MYOB systems to trigger a password change.  I have today (Sunday 2.30pm) received an email looking very much like a genuine email allegedly from MYOB stating that I had asked for a pasword change, that I had 2 hours to perform the change (link provided straight after the statement of time limit).  Inviting me to please contact us (link) and signed off as MYOB with the following web address underneath:  http://secure.myob.com   The email appears to come from noreply@securemail.myob.com

I believe this is some sort of phishing/scam email.  Any chance it's just MYOB systems going crazy on a locked down Sunday afternoon?

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: MYOB ACCOUNT RECOVERY - SCAM EMAIL?

Hi @TTO , if you hover over, without clicking the link, does the popup match the displayed link? If not,  just delete it. It sounds like a scam.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB ACCOUNT RECOVERY - SCAM EMAIL?

Hi @TTO 

It does sound a little fishy.

Generally speaking, if a password change was requested you would get an email like the following to enter a code to login/reset the password.

Capture 3.PNG

In saying that, happy to take a look at the email for you. I've sent you a private message on this Forum to arrange that. Alternatively, you do feel to reach out to our security team as per Report Security Vulnerability.

However, my recommendation at this time would be to ensure that your antivirus, firewall, and other security applications are all up to date. Also, would recommend a change of my.MYOB account password - directly through the MYOB website process (NOT that email). Navigate to the MYOB Website>>Sign in>>MY.MYOB account - Forgot your password?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post