debbieg
Contributing Cover User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB AR V19.15 Upgrade to 2019.2 upgrade time

Hi All,

We have upgraded this morning from AR v19.15 to 2019.2, to stay compliant with STP. The File uploaded quickly (20mins) before being "Optimised and upgraded" in the cloud. Is there are rough estimate of time it takes before we get access to the file? The sales team gets in at 6am Monday and we need to have everthing setup ready to go for around 10 users.

Thanks.

Debbie g
5 REPLIES 5
Ultimate Partner The_Doc
904 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner

904Posts

154Kudos

120Solutions

Re: MYOB AR V19.15 Upgrade to 2019.2 upgrade time

Hi @debbieg 

Doesn't usually take more than a few hours - I think it is an automatic porcess - not sure. But it should be ready today - fingers crossed.

I find upgrading it locally then uploading the upgraded file a far more pleasant experience - but I guess the boat has sailed for you!

The Doc

Contributing Cover User debbieg
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
debbieg
Contributing Cover User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

In hindsight we should have done it locally, but moving into the cloud it seemed logical for them to do it! Its been about 5 ours, so cross fingers its done and I can get it up and running in the morning.

Debbie g
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,718 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1718Posts

1481Kudos

181Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @debbieg 

CC:  @The_Doc 

The file can take some time to upgrade often hours.   This means the file is going through relevant back end checks to upgrade and if there are issues the MYOB repair process or furthermore be escalated to data repair staff to resolve the issues before they release the file back to you online.   So, while you wait it is for a good well-intended reason.   

You will get an email from MYOB once the file is online. 

I would NOT recommend upgrading offline locally as you will miss these important steps and if there were issues they would have to be resolved by calling support and sending the file to the data repair team which will take a lot of time at this time of the year and it might not be discovered what the issues are straightaway either. 

I uploaded a file last weekend at about 3.00 pm and it came back to me at midnight so 9 hours.   I am sure you will have the file back by Monday morning.   I have never had a file take any longer than 24 hours.   If the file is not online by Monday get straight onto support when the phone lines open. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Contributing Cover User debbieg
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
debbieg
Contributing Cover User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you all. After talking to Tana from Live chat, turns out the file was ready, we just hadnt recieved the email stating so.

I have been into the file and checked its currency, now all I have to do is step the users and tweak forms and layouts!

Debbie g
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,718 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1718Posts

1481Kudos

181Solutions

Excellent news @debbieg  yes sometimes the owner email addresses are not linked at the back end correctly for old version 19 files which can cause these type of issues not receiving emails etc after the upgrade. 

You can migrate the forms from your old version as well.

Under File Menu

Migrate Custom Forms

I normally delete the layout of the table from the converted table and then insert a new table find this is much cleaner. 

Here is a support note on the forms in case you have not done this already http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Upgrade+task+-+migrating+personalised+forms

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post