Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Account Right Auto Update

Hi there,

The latest lease of accountright PC version has a new feature called auto update, which rolls the PC software to the lastest version, however, the SERVER software can't do so, which gives us some headache and interruptions to our business.

We can't install SERVER software on all PCs as apparently the SERVER software needs more resources and makes our PCs running slower.

Can you please advise us a way to disable the auto update feature on PC software? or just simply by blocking a port number? Any suggestion?

Kind regards,

Sam

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,768 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,768Posts

792Kudos

917Solutions

Re: MYOB Account Right Auto Update

Hi @samg97 

Thanks for your post. Automatic updates will be available for the Server Edition later this year. It's not possible to disable automatic updates on the PC edition. If you’re using AccountRight Server Edition to share offline files across a network, you’ll need to make sure that all users accessing those files are also using Server Edition, including those workstations accessing the server.

If you don't want to run the SE on all pc's you will need to manually update the Server edition as soon as the PC edition updates to ensure all versions are the same.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

samg97
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.

[quote] If you don't want to run the SE on all pc's you will need to manually update the Server edition as soon as the PC edition updates to ensure all versions are the same. [/quote]

As you mentioned, that was what I thought in the very first place, which would still cause some interruption to our normal business. Apparently, there's nothing you can do neither.

Kind regards,

Sam

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,158Posts

245Kudos

132Solutions

Hi @samg97 

SE edition will run happily on your PC using not much more resources than the PC version - and unless your PC are really under resourced running the SE version on each PC is by far the best option by a long straw.

I simply do not entertain the PC edition on PC anymore.

Turning on SE Auto updates may work for SE on a PC - but a well configured Server will need administrative permissions to upgrade the SE version on that Server - and if MYOB thinks they can bypass that so that everything auto updates is a bit dreamy!!!! - I say and continue to say this will be a nightmare.

The Doc

AndrewStephen
Valued Cover User
1,026 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

1,026Posts

653Kudos

15Solutions

Hi @The_Doc 

Auto updates can be disabled from been applied automatically.

It doesn't stop the download of the latest update, but  stops ARL automatically using the update.

It might be a way of controlling the updates within business.

<add key="AutoUpdateEnabled" value="true" />
<add key="AutoUpdateUrl" value="https://downloads.ar-services.myob.com" />

We have ARL installed on our Windows 2018 it blocked the auto download due to the services polices.

This caused some issues this week with the update to 2021.2 and not being able to access one of the local company files due to it not being updated.

Agreed, this is going to get really really messy.

We now have 3 different versions running across the network.

Starting to lose control on what version of AR2021.x is running.  Not an ideal situation.

samg97
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @The_Doc  & @AndrewStephen ,

Thanks for your suggestions!

I do think the future MYOB pc/server release should come with the auto update function as an option/feature, because we have all different PCs across different sites in different states...

We do need a better version control here, so @Tracey_H , please consider our important input.

Kind regards,

Sam

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post