MYOB AccountRight 2016.3 Installation Issues (client installing only for single user, server version failing installation on remote desktop server)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner entiretech
9 Posts
Partner
New Zealand
Partner

9Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB AccountRight 2016.3 Installation Issues (client installing only for single user, server version failing installation on remote desktop server)

Just though I would post this here for info and help....

The MYOB AccountRight 2016.3 client installs to the Appdata folder of signed in user, and is not available for other people using the PC. There is no option to install for all users. This should probably be changed if possible.

Anyway, this caused an issue for me when installing on a remote desktop server where we were previously using the client version, so I tried to install the server version. However, the install stalled on windows installer coordinator preparing for first use. Left overnight and still not finished. The resolution for this I found to be the following:

https://patrickhoban.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/925/

"open gpedit.msc (or create a GPO, whatever you prefer) . Browse to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Application Compatibility. Set Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility to Enabled. Now run the installer again."

Hopefully this helps someone out :-)

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB AccountRight 2016.3 Installation Issues (client installing only for single user, server version failing installation on remote desktop server)

Hi @entiretech

Great to see you have a solution to your enquiry and thank you for sharing it with the MYOB Community. I trust others in the MYOB Community do find it useful in the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post