Contributing Cover User
Australia
starrylady
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB AccountRight 2018 ABA file fails in CommBiz

MYOB, in my opinion, has let the team down by not migrating M-Powered Services to AccountRight 2018. Instead, you need to use ABA files. Instructions found elsewhere explain how to set up your bank details in MYOB. However, if your ABA file fails, it may be a problem with your APCA User ID. I looked online and rang the bank and got the wrong information both ways. They only gave me the default APCA User ID. However, our account already had a unique APCA User ID. I found it after much searching in CommBiz and finally got the ABA files working.
I thought I'd share something that I found on the Commonwealth Bank website ("What you need to know about Commbiz" clause 8.2 Direct Credit from https://www.commbank.com.au/business/pds/002-551_blackandwhite.pdf):
"You can make a Direct Credit using your own Direct Credit APCA User ID, or you may use a shared User ID allocated by the Bank."
In my experience, you can't use the shared ID if you already have your own - the ABA file will fail as it did for me.
For CommBiz users, to easily check if you have your own APCA User ID, log into CommBiz, go to Payables > Direct Credit. If you have a unique APCA User ID, it will appear in the relevant box in the Trace Account details near the bottom (screenshot attached with our specific details shaded out). I'm not sure if there is something similar with other banks, but this is the number that you need to specify for your bank details in MYOB 2018.4. IF you don't have a unique APCA User ID, then use the generic one that the bank gives you.

APCA USER ID.jpg
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post