7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB AccountRight 2018 ABA file fails in CommBiz

MYOB, in my opinion, has let the team down by not migrating M-Powered Services to AccountRight 2018. Instead, you need to use ABA files. Instructions found elsewhere explain how to set up your bank details in MYOB. However, if your ABA file fails, it may be a problem with your APCA User ID. I looked online and rang the bank and got the wrong information both ways. They only gave me the default APCA User ID. However, our account already had a unique APCA User ID. I found it after much searching in CommBiz and finally got the ABA files working.
I thought I'd share something that I found on the Commonwealth Bank website ("What you need to know about Commbiz" clause 8.2 Direct Credit from https://www.commbank.com.au/business/pds/002-551_blackandwhite.pdf):
"You can make a Direct Credit using your own Direct Credit APCA User ID, or you may use a shared User ID allocated by the Bank."
In my experience, you can't use the shared ID if you already have your own - the ABA file will fail as it did for me.
For CommBiz users, to easily check if you have your own APCA User ID, log into CommBiz, go to Payables > Direct Credit. If you have a unique APCA User ID, it will appear in the relevant box in the Trace Account details near the bottom (screenshot attached with our specific details shaded out). I'm not sure if there is something similar with other banks, but this is the number that you need to specify for your bank details in MYOB 2018.4. IF you don't have a unique APCA User ID, then use the generic one that the bank gives you.

APCA USER ID.jpg
15 REPLIES 15
Partner SLBowden
48 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

48Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB AccountRight 2018 ABA file fails in CommBiz

Hopefully this will help my situation, I will try as I have changed to the codes that CBA require (as per the error link) and it still wouldn't work.

CBA is one of the hardest banks to upload .aba files compared to all other financial institutions

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,382Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @starrylady 

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the MYOB Community

From an MYOB point of view, AccountRight will take the Direct User ID that you have listed in the Banking Details section of the relevant bank account and include that in the necessary ABA file. So from an AccountRight point of view, to ensure the ABA file does have the correct information you would need to include that value in the field. If you are unsure what your Direct User ID is to upload those ABA files for your bank then you would need to speak to your bank.

You also mentioned MPowered Payments, currently, AccountRight 201x is not supported with M-Powered Payments. We're currently exploring alternative solutions for that functionality.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User KarenEW
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB AccountRight Premier 19.15

Do any of the Account Right products have M-Powered. We definately do not want to use ABA files to send to bank, this is far too time-consuming for our business.  If not, is AccountRight Premier V 19.15 being upgraded for STP reporting as per goverment requirements?

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

From what I have seen on here, there isn't any M-Powered on the new versions and MYOB definitely won't be upgrading any Classic version for STP. I suggest you read this forum about the new versions as you will find there are still a lot of problems, including being incredibly slow (especially with larger files that cannot be purged), they have a lot of crashes and long standing bugs, and they are costly. I have kept all of my old clients on perpetual licences with v19, which is fast and reliable, without subscriptions and without support without a problem so far - I do advise that they have good backup protocols including the programme installers for this to ensure longevity of the programme.

You don't have to upgrade for STP. The ATO has the below announcement on their website: MYOB is also developing a Low Cost payroll STP solution for Micro-employers so this may apply to you.

"Employers with 19 or less employees

Parliament has passed legislation to extend STP reporting to all employers from 1 July 2019.

Talk to your software provider to find out what you need to do to update your software and start reporting.

Different STP reporting options will be available by 1 July 2019 to help smaller employers. However, we won't force employers with 19 or less employees to purchase payroll software if they don’t currently use it.

We have asked software developers to build low-cost STP solutions at or below $10 per month for micro employers – including simple payroll software, mobile phone apps and portals. A register of providers who intend to build these solutions is available at Low-cost STP solutions.

Micro employers (1–4 employees) will also have a number of alternative options that are not available to employers with 20 or more employees – such as initially allowing your registered tax or BAS agent to report quarterly, rather than each time you run your payroll.

Exemptions to STP reporting will also be available if you have no internet or an unreliable connection."

If you haven't already signed up to the ATO's Small Business Newsroom, then I suggest that you do as this provides a lot of useful information regarding STP and other business information "straight from the horses mouth." Do your own research as it is a big change and could be very costly and frustrating for you to just upgrade when you can without assessing all of your options. If you do go with the upgrades, I seriously suggest you keep running a parallel v19 as you may decide to return to it if the new version doesn't work for you. Others on this Forum have done this and even more have given up and left for a different software provider. Hope this helps and feel free to private message me if you would like more detail.

Cheers

Liz

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Liz, we are have over 40 employees so the small business fix will not apply.  Getting so frustrated with MYOB, am looking a ditching them completely.

Thanks for the heaps up.

Karen.

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Will the "alternative" be impletments before May 1st when we have to STP report?  Don't want to go to cloud version software, internet far to slow for our files.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,771 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,771Posts

4,382Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @KarenEW 

The following M-Powered services are being included in the AccountRight 20xx range in a similar form or replace with a similar feature - most being included an AccountRight Subscription costs.

• M-Powered Bank Statements is now Bank feeds
  • M-Powered Super is now Pay Superannuation and is Super Stream compliant
  • M-Powered Invoices is included in the AccountRight 20xx range with the payment having to be recorded manually, however, Online payments is the recommended process for that service.

As mentioned, M-Powered Payments is the one that has yet to be included in the product range and we are currently exploring alternative solutions to that functionality. We do expect to have that feature available for clients in advance of the September 2019 deadline for AccountRight Classic. In terms of payroll reporting (STP) and those clients using on M-Powered Payments on the AccountRight Classic range, we will have more information on that topic available to them shortly.

EDIT: I should also note that AccountRight 2019 allows for clients to have their company file stored locally or online. If you don't have to have the company file stored in the cloud if required, it can be stored on your computer/network.  However, an Internet connection would be required to lodge your payroll, receive bank feeds, pay superannuation...

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven for the update however I am still confused.  I need to still use M-Powered Payments but we are required to do STP reporting from May19 from previous MYOB posts, we have 45 employees. We are using AccountRight Premier V 19.15.  What are my options without using third party suppliers.  Should I contact the ATO and get advise there re: MYOB.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,197 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,197Posts

1,028Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @KarenEW 

For users of M-Powered Payments we are aiming to have a successor to M-Powered Payments before September 2019 however as you noted this will be after the original May 2019 deferral.

We have recently been granted a new Deferral for V19 Users still using M-Powered Payments that ends on 30/09/2019 so that you can still stay on V19 until September when the new successor is available.

I have sent you a Private Message with the Deferral Code for this. You can check your Private Messages by clicking link: Private Message Inbox

With that said, you can get a sneak peak on what is coming in terms of M-Powered Payments on this Blog Post: MasterCard and MYOB Partnership

I'll be updating this post as we get mroe information: M-Powered and AccountRight 2019

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post