Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Capture not working

I just installed MYOB Capture app on a new iPhone 15. It logs in ok and the receipt shows on the screen but when I click to take a photo the screen turns black and nothing happens. I've checked in my photo album and there's no photo there (although the settings are set to save it there).  

All my settings have allowed camera access. I've even deleted the app and re-downloaded it but the same thing keeps happening. Has anyone else been having this issue? It was working no problem on my Samsung Galaxy?

8 REPLIES 8
Robbie01
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Capture not working

A client has had the same issue since their MYOB file has been upgraded, have deleted and downloaded the app back in, but still not working. Any ideas? appears you haven't had a resolution either.  

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,619 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,619Posts

94Kudos

369Solutions

Hi @KerrinSim,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the MYOB capture app on your new iPhone 15. I understand the importance of a smooth experience, and I'm here to assist you in resolving this matter. To address your concern, could you please try the troubleshooting steps below?

• Check iOS permissions to ensure that the MYOB Capture app has permission to access the camera in your iPhone settings.
  • Try uninstalling it again, restarting your iPhone, and then reinstalling the app again.
  • Make sure that your iPhone has the latest iOS updates installed.

I appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter. I hope this helps! Please let me know how you get along and if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to investigate further.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,619 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,619Posts

94Kudos

369Solutions

Hi @Robbie01,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing issues with the MYOB Capture app. To assist you more effectively, I'll need some additional information to better understand the issue you're facing. Could you please provide more details or steps that led to the problem you're encountering? Any specific error message you've received could be crucial in identifying and resolving the issue. Are you able to log in with the app or are you just receiving an error when capturing receipts? Additionally, if you could also provide a screenshot, that would help us investigate further.

Please feel free to reply to this message with any additional details or clarification you can provide. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,619 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,619Posts

94Kudos

369Solutions

Hi @Robbie01,

I hope this message finds you well. I would just like to follow up regarding the issue you're experiencing with the MYOB Capture app to see if this has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

KerrinSim
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@Princess_R wrote:

Hi @KerrinSim,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the MYOB capture app on your new iPhone 15. I understand the importance of a smooth experience, and I'm here to assist you in resolving this matter. To address your concern, could you please try the troubleshooting steps below?

• Check iOS permissions to ensure that the MYOB Capture app has permission to access the camera in your iPhone settings.
  • Try uninstalling it again, restarting your iPhone, and then reinstalling the app again.
  • Make sure that your iPhone has the latest iOS updates installed.

I appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter. I hope this helps! Please let me know how you get along and if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to investigate further.

Cheers,

Princess

Hi,

All of your suggestions were done before I started this post but I was still having the same problems. However, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall again today - Mon 13th November (for about the 20th time in the past two weeks), and it's finally working again. Not sure if MYOB have fixed the issue now and that's why it's suddenly working? I phoned my husband to try to use his Capture App again (his new iPhone 15 was doing the same thing as mine), and his is suddenly working too. So yeah, fixed for now I guess?

Thanks very much for your reply. 

Cheers,

Kerrin 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,619 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,619Posts

94Kudos

369Solutions

Hi @KerrinSim,

Thank you for the update, and I'm delighted to hear that the issue seems to be resolved after raising this with the relevant team. It's fantastic news that both your app and your husband's are now functioning smoothly.

Please feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess

Robbie01
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

30Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

Client has now advised that it is working, had tried all the things stated.

Thankyou. 

Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,417 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,417Posts

58Kudos

108Solutions

Hi @Robbie01,

Thank you for letting us know. We're glad that it is now working! If you have any additional concerns, please don't hesitate to post in our Community Forum. Have a great day ahead!

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post