MYOB Completely Useless after 2022.11 Update

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mikelegg
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Completely Useless after 2022.11 Update

After rebooting our server after the 2022.11 upgrade, MYOB refused to open any of our files and instead gave us the ridiculous message - "Server update required. You're using AccountRight 2022.11, but the server you're connecting to has Unknown installed. You should update AccountRight on the server, or install Unknown on this computer."

Another forum post suggested uninstalling and re-installing MYOB. So i uninstalled it but when I tryto re-install it I get the message "Sorry, there was a problem installing AccounRightServerEdition. Try installing again. If this message reappears contact MYOB Support. To help identify what's causing the issue, you can send the setup log to MYOB".

I clicked the "Send Setup Log to MYOB" button and the email bounced.

Now we have no MYOB at all!

Can anybody help us get this POS working?

4 REPLIES 4
mikelegg
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Completely Useless after 2022.11 Update

… waiting in the queue to talk to support and the pre-recorded message tells me it would be quicker to use the online chat … got into the online chat and hung on the phone support, only to be told by the online chat operator that I have to call phone support … calm blue ocean … calm blue ocean
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @mikelegg 

Welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource. I'm sorry to hear the frustration you had contacting our phone/chat support channels today, hopefully I can provide some help here. 

We found that this 'Server update required' error message occurs when the AccountRight automatic update wasn't installed properly on the server computer due to environmental interference, and many users reported by uninstalling and reinstalling AccountRight on the server computer fix it for them. 

Therefore, please first uninstall any AccountRight apps installed on the server computer first, then download and install AccountRight Server Edition manually. Prior to the installing please make sure that all Windows updates are installed on the server, any anti-virus/firewall program is temporarily disabled and you have full administrator access on the server computer, you may need assistance from your IT professional as we do not know the setup of your server computer. If you still encounter error during installation, please check out the errors listed in this Help article for more details: 

Installation troubleshooting

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

mikelegg
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Many users reported by uninstalling and reinstalling AccountRight on the server computer fix it for them.

Therefore, please first uninstall any AccountRight apps installed on the server computer first, then download and install AccountRight Server Edition manually.

Yes that's exactly what I did - now MYOB won't install at all.

Prior to the installing please make sure that all Windows updates are installed on the server, any anti-virus/firewall program is temporarily disabled and you have full administrator access on the server computer,

Yep did all that - although its worth noting that we've never had to do that before so I doubt that has anything to do with it.

You may need assistance from your IT professional

I am the I.T. professional

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @mikelegg 

Thank you for the update. 

Anti-virus/firewall software is a common factor that can cause AccountRight Server Edition not installed properly, so please do temporarily disable them before installation starts. When installing, please right click on the AccountRight Server Edition installer > Run as Administrator, does the installation go through? If not, could you please provide a screenshot of the installation window and the full error message?

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post