MYOB - Excel Reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ScottTillman
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB - Excel Reports

Hi, 

AccountRight does not allow me anymore to export Excel reports and an error message appears when I try to do it. I still have the 2020 version of the software installed on my computer. Is it possible that the new version of MS Excel installed on my computer conflicts with the templates installed in MYOB, so that I am not able to generate reports for the accounting records?

Would this issue be sorted if I upgrade the software to the latest version? And would I have to re-import my companies into the app once re-installed or these would be imported automatically from the previous setup?

Thanks a lot

1 REPLY 1
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: MYOB - Excel Reports

Hi @ScottTillman , welcome to the forum. What is the error message?

Having two versions of Excel can cause issues for Office Link. Provided your new Excel is 32-bit (OfficeLink can only send to 32-bit Excel), then a quick repair of Office may help, plus (if necessary) a reinstall of AccountRight after that. 

To repair Office, go to Control Panel, Programs & Features, select Microsoft 365 (or your Office version), then click Change, confirm as required, then select Quick Repair and action by clicking Repair. 

After restarting AccountRight, try sending a report to Excel. If that fails, reinstall AccountRight and try again.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post