318 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

318Posts

177Kudos

17Solutions

MYOB Server Upgrade

What idiot decided it would be a good idea to lock people out of their online account without any warning or notice ?

Seriously, MYOB, you customer service is pathetic and you have no undertanding of the impact your ludicrous decisions have on small businesses. As it stands, we cannot access MYOB until our IT service provider installs the new version and grants access to all users.

Whoever made this decision should be sacked immediately.

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Re: MYOB Server Upgrade

Hi @DannyTangney 

We typically decommission older versions from the cloud after a period of time. The recent decommission of AccountRight 2021.1 was completed on 15/06/2021.  Now that decommissioning has taken place, users on that version of the software (AccountRight 2021.1) will need to upgrade their software to AccountRight 2021.2 or 2021.3 to continue to access their online files. Our Help Article: Getting the latest version has more information on that topic. 

Communication of scheduled decommissioning is completed across a variety of channels. These do range from direct emails, in-product messaging and Forum posts on this topic such as AccountRight 2021.1 Scheduled decommissioning. Sorry to hear that you haven't been apprised of that situation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
318 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

318Posts

177Kudos

17Solutions

When you have stopped pontificating, Steven, could you please address the substance of my complaint ?

We have been denied access to our online data file (on a pay day) without warning as the result of a deliberate decision by the MYOB development team.

When will MYOB understand that these decision have detrimental effects on their client's business operations and more consideration needs to be given to these impacts.

And the person or people who made this decision still need to be sacked.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Hi @DannyTangney 

Based on my understanding, after speaking with the team, communication went out to users on 10/06/2021 via direct email. As per normal, this went out to the email address of the primary contact that we do have on file.

Doing my due diligence for you on this one, I have the team check to see if the primary contact on your account was included with those email communications. Our records do indicate that the primary contact (not yourself) was emailed about that scheduled decommissioning date on that date 10/06/2021 with no recorded bounce back or fail on our part from what they can see.

To answer your enquiry directly, you would need to upgrade to AccountRight 2021.2 or AccountRight 2021.3 to access online company files.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
318 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

318Posts

177Kudos

17Solutions

Thanks for your reply, Steven.

I have just spoken to our primary contact (our CEO) who advised that no such email was received.

COuld MYOB therefore investigate alternative means of communicating such blockages (e.g. through messages displayed when logging on the the version to be discontinued) ?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Hi @DannyTangney 

Thank you for the additional feedback. We are always looking into the best way to communicate that decommissioning information to users.

For AccountRight 2021.1, we went with the direct email approach to the primary contact on account rather than in-product messaging. This is to ensure that users that may not log in regularly, and seen the upgrade in-product message to AccountRight 2021.3 message, notification of our intentions to decommission that older version.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post