Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

991Posts

193Kudos

122Solutions

MYOB Speedy Support Glows

Hi Folks

Well this post is a glowing special thanks from a very long time user (25 Years) that sometimes MYOB moves mountain in record times.

I have a client from I gave years of support to and set them up to run MYOB Enterprise with Multi-currency and multi-location in the late 1990s -  and they vanished in about 2007 (opting for local IT support) in Qld.

They came back to me last month in an urgent need to upgrade this and 7 other companies to AR 2020.1 - unfortunately some of MYOB's junior technical support people got the upgrade advice badly wrong (it happens - which is why there are experienced CCs and Partners out there).

Anyway - their major file was 1.5 GB in size - had not been optimised, verified, purged, reconciled for zonks and they needed to urgently upgrade as ATO were screaming as they now had over 30 employees.

A mamoth task was undertaken by me over Easter to get them converted by 0800 Tues morn - reconciling and purging was a mamoth task - MYOB Premier Enterprise reconciling - to just open an un reconciled account in MYOB for reconciling that had entries back to 2006 took hours - yep hours - then to select all entries to reconcile another few hours - etc - it took all weekend day and night and eventually I got it done; purged and rolled forward ready for upgrade and the file was 266mb - a huge change. But verify came up with critical corruptions and fatal errors - cannot upgrade!.

Oh dear - big sign comes up - recover to a previous backup - not an option - backups existed but when did corruption happen - years ago.

Emailed my Partner Manager (Liam Mann) for an urgent help when he arrived Tues AM - he replied 'onto it will call you' - and he put me through to Advanced Technical Support.

Ok I had a 20 min wait - so what - no problem - background music was fine - Technical Help were onto it quickly - you need to send file in as those 2 critical errors cannot be fixed over the phone - we will send you an email with instructions for uploading file - and we will upgrade also if we can fix.

No charge as you upgrading.

Uploaded file at 1700 hrs (had to wait for client to finish using the file - big company but told them to expect file offline at least a 1 -3 days) - they hoped no longer than a day.

And the miracle - MYOB had fixed the file, upgraded it and returned it to me by 0830 this morning.

Luckily I had upgraded the 7 important templates the client uses in MYOB (I had used my own AR 2020.1 file to upgrade the templates then export them ready for the returned file).

Rang the client at 0900 - and he is speechless at how quickly this has all happened 

Also used Laim to get this client the best price for upgrading 9 files to AR 2020.1 - 8 to go - hopefully not so difficult as this monster.

Well done and Thanks MYOB - nice work

The Doc

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
5,964 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,964Posts

2,206Kudos

477Solutions

Re: MYOB Speedy Support Glows

Hi Doc ( @The_Doc ),

Thank you so very much for your kind words. This is a brilliant example of you, one of our very experienced and knowledgeable Certified Consultant partners and the MYOB support teams working well together to achieve such a fantastic outcome for our clients. 

I have to say, of all the wonderful things you said in your post, this line here 'open an unreconciled account in MYOB for reconciling that had entries back to 2006' sent a shiver down my spine!! The client is lucky to have decided to come back to you for help with this upgrade.

As always, absolutely love your work! And thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with the wider community. I've passed it on to everyone who played a part in making this a great experience for you and our mutual client. 

Hope you're staying safe.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post