MYOB V19 shutdown by latest Windows 10 update

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DanR
2 Posts
User
Australia
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB V19 shutdown by latest Windows 10 update

And it's only a free subsrciption for 12mths then you have to pay

Wordsmith65
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Exactly, which hardly 'saves you money' after having an accounting package that you purchased (once), and that worked perfectly well (normally)!  I'd actually migrated to the new system, but went back to the old version as it was remarkably faster to use.  Personally, I'd save the moniker 'slow-movers' for those who are happy to sit and watch a processing circle go around for minutes at a time :-)

Wordsmith65
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

My goodness, haven't you made a whole heap of assumptions about how my business is structured, and what 'subscriptions' I might have.  All of which, I might add, are completely incorrect.  Honestly..... assumptions!!  I'm glad you are enjoying the new MYOB version.  I take it you have nothing further to offer regarding my actual question about a fix?

DanR
2 Posts
User
Australia
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I've since tried the help in the link at the start of the thread and my v19 now works.  Hooray!! So much angst in the meantime tho I think I'll call it a day.

Wordsmith65
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Me too!!!  I'm not sure where you all are in the world, but if I could buy Robert and Mike a beer, I absolutely would!!!  Living Legends.  I'm so grateful.  I'm using the new version, but I keep going back to V.19 - just because it is just SO much faster!!  Here's to Windows not blowing it out again any time soon! At least not till after Year End.  Mike and Robert - THANK YOU, and seriously, if you are in Auckland, contact me - I have beer for you. :-)

howevr
4 Posts
User

4Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

If you want to simplify the little MYOB.bat file edit it as follows and save.

@Echo off

start C:\MYOB18\Myob.exe "F:\OneDrive\MYOB\your file name goes here.MYO"

This will not pause and wait for you to continue. Also the DOS box will immeadiatly close after starting MYOB.

Nice and quick.

Cheers

David

Bernieozz
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

When windows updated and blocked my V17 MYOB, I had two company files open and one that I now can't open.   I'm concerned that if I do what the link says that I'll be locked out of the two company files I already have opened as well?  I was considering doing Option 1 but I don't feel very confident.  Will this definitely work?  

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @Bernieozz , not sure which is option 1, but the post from David (@howevr) at 5/3/20 11:01am re creating a batch file and a shortcut to it will definitely work and will not affect your system's security. 

You can simplify the batch file a little as per David's recent post. 

PS You will need a batch file and a shortcut for each file you want to open, as the MYOB file name is included in the batch file.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,690Posts

298Kudos

128Solutions

About slow running for AccountRight 2019 - some suggestions:

- clear the browsing history (or cache) in your web browser

- have an IT prosessional look at your Internet connection

- for intensive work - such as a doing payroll for over 10 employees or a  big invoicing session - consider switching to Offline mode, by checking-out your file under Go Offline. Other users will still be able to run enquirie and print reports and you will still be able to complete your govt. payroll reporting STP (Aust) or PayDayFiling (NZ), provided your computer has an Internet connection. When you've finished, you can check-in your updated data file, by selectin Go Online.

Kym Yeoward

Darwin (Palmerston)

annoyed3
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Like wordsmith65 i am also FURIOUS that i can no longer get into my older MYOB files and have spent five hours on the phone to the "support" setion and still no closer to a solution. are these people for real??? I have now lost my Customised invoices and am unable to produce new ones from this new system. Can somybody please advise me in clear English how to create the customised invoices?

thanks

annoyed3

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post