Partner Zone
Partner Zone

MYOB running extremely slow

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TechsuppWor
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
TechsuppWor
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB running extremely slow

Hi All,

We are having extreme slowness in Accountright for our users, we have a 50/20 NBN connection and i have followed the steps of allowing myob through the firewall etc.

Any suggestions?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,147 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6147Posts

994Kudos

876Solutions

Re: MYOB running extremely slow

Hi @TechsuppWor

From your description it sounds like you already had a look at this support note: Speed and performance tips

The performance factors for the software are:

1. Alternative software interrupting operations
  2. File Location
  3. File Size
  4. Software handling the data

I'm assuming you have already set up the Exclusions for 2018.4 (This has caused weird errors in the past and I want to rule it out first to make sure we're not considering it alter)

Looking at Factors 2 & 3, we can see what might be happening. Could you let me know what kind of setup you have? Such as just a normal workstation or a Terminal Server with like 10 users, or a basic P2P setup, etc?

Basically what I'm looking for is to paint a picture of your setup and how big your file is. The software does not handle larger datafiles well as it will attempt to obtain all data before filtering to what's needed when accessing windows or performing some operations.

Once I have that, I can see what we could do in this case.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Team
TechsuppWor
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
TechsuppWor
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden,

Yes i went through all the recommendations through that article you posted.

The Data file is located in the MYOB cloud.

We are currently running with 3 users on normal workstations no terminal server involved.

As for file size i am unsure and will have you check with the accounts team.

thank you

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,147 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6147Posts

994Kudos

876Solutions

Hi @TechsuppWor

Thanks for clarifying this, what I'd be doing is trying to see what the performance is offline. I'd do this by taking a backup and restoring it to your Local Library so that it's not interrupting anyone else's day as it'll be a copy.

Then I suggest doing some basic operations and see what the speed is like in comparison, this should be a bit faster. This can also give you an idea of how big the file is as you would have a local copy.

If it's fairly small, you might want to compare the performance to the Sample Company File to see if there is any major difference. Here's a good support note for this: Using the sample company file (Clearwater)

This should give you an idea of how the performance can be in AccountRight 2018. Please note that AccountRight 2018 is not as fast as V19 in general due to several major changes including memory management and also the database engine being used though it should not take over 5 seconds to load information each time you open a window sort of problems.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post