Manual reconciliation conflicts with bank feed

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SCan
Experienced User
44 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

44Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Manual reconciliation conflicts with bank feed

I have started using Bank Feeds and set up my first feeds from 1/4/19. However I had already manually reconciled up to 1/6/19. So I thought I could just hide the transactions in the feed from 1/4 to 1/6. But my feeds don't reconcile. Is that because it is still accounting for the hidden bank feed entries? Because those have been entered and reconciled manually the transactions don't show up next to the bank feed entries. 

So if the opening balance refers to the beginning of the entire bank feed (from 1/4) it will include the hidden entries which can no longer be allocated.  How do I set the opening balance to the start of the un-hidden entries? Or reset the bank feeds?

How do I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Manual reconciliation conflicts with bank feed

Hi @SCan 

To unhide your transactions go to the Bank Feeds window and select Hidden in the Display Transactions drop down list.  When a bank feed transaction is hidden it won't have any impact on your balances. I'd start by going back to the beginning and unhiding the hidden transactions and, using your Bank reconciliation reports, check that each transaction was manually reconciled before rehiding it. 

These support notes may help find why you are out of balance -

Resolving out of balance bank recs 

Hiding bank feed transactions 

If you're still having problems please feel free to send me screenshots by private message 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

@SCan 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

The best way is to never Hide transaction except in an extreme emergency.

Ideally you should reconcile your bank accounts manually up to the start date of the bank feeds and from that date onwards ONLY use the bank feeds. You will need to setup Transaction, Bill and Invoice Rules as well.

Once everything is setup and working then to reconcile all you are doing is looking for transactions that have NOT been reconciled as they will more than likey be double entry or entered as paid from the wrong account. So the reconciliation takes seconds to do.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
SCan
Experienced User
44 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

44Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thanks, I figured it out, reconcile window was incorrectly ticked/unticked. Once I figured that out everythin balanced.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post