Migrating Cheques

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
JSJIND
5 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

5Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Migrating Cheques

Very disappointed in MYOB upgrade from Accountright V19.14 to Accountright V2018.2.  Personalised cheque templates cannot be migrated across.  After spending a great deal of time designing a template to use to personalise cheques in one of my companies, I find that I have to start the process all over again when I want to use a similar template for another V2018.2 company file.  This is very time consuming and very disappointing.  Why can't MYOB integrate old forms which have been customised and used for many years into the new version and why can't they be copied and pasted into other files?  Any help would be appreciated.  MYOB this is a bad upgrade, seems like it has been rushed and not thought through properly.  

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Migrating Cheques

Hi @JSJIND

Due to differences in the structure of the form and fields used between AccountRight v19 and AccountRight 201X, a number of the fields that customised cheques could have in AccountRight v19 are not able to be read and migrated into AccountRight 201X. Because of this, personalised cheques do have to be recreated within AccountRight 201X.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JSJIND
5 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

5Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Neil, thank you for replying.  I accept there are issues with migrating between two different versions however why can I not copy the template I created for Company 1 in V2018.2 to Company 2 and use it as a template.  The template has been created in V2018.2.  Can I copy this template from one company file to another, we used to be able to do this in the forms section?  Please advise.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,385Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JSJIND

Although the customised forms for each file are embedded within that file, there is a way to move customised forms from one company file to another.

Starting with company 1, Please go to Setup >> Export Customised Forms. Within this window under step 1 you can specify where you want to export the customised forms to. I recommend exporting them to a folder that you know the location of, such as the desktop. Work through the onscreen prompts to choose the customised form or forms you want to export to the chosen folder.

Once the export has happened then you can go to company 2 and go to Setup >> Import Customised Forms and follow the on screen prompts to locate the folder you exported to, and then import the customised forms into company file 2

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JSJIND
5 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

5Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Neil, yes that worked.  You might like to advise your telephone support service of this option as I was told there was no option.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post