Missing transactions since 2020

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
megs8
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Missing transactions since 2020

Hello

My mum is a sole trader and has used MYOB for years and still uses it on her desktop. I am taking over the business soon so have logged into her online MYOB but it is still sitting in FY 2020. There are no transactions after February 2020.

Is there something that needs to be done to ensure the transactions are updated online or is it something with her desktop file not being correct?

Help please.

Regards

megs8

3 REPLIES 3
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Missing transactions since 2020

Hi @megs8 

It sounds like your mother has been working on a local copy of the file on her computer, rather than working on the online file directly; or the file your mother's been working on and the online file are different files. 

What you can do to check is opening the online file and the file with up-to-date transactions, go to Setup > Company File Information to check if they show the same serial number, then go to Help > About to check if the same Company File ID number is listed. If they match, then they are just different copies of the same file, you can simply make a backup of the up-to-date file, then restore the backup online to overwrite the online copy. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go, or if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

megs8
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your response.

Excuse my ignorance but I am very new to MYOB. I can't seem to find anything online that says Company File or Company File ID. Is this the same or different to the serial number I have found in the online product? 

MYOB serial number
6********097

Thanks again
Megs

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @megs8 

There's no problem, I'm happy to explain, although it's best not to post your serial number in a public post for security reasons. 

To find the Company File ID number, you'd first need to open the AccountRight company file, then click on the Help menu from the top > Accounts MYOB AccountRight, the number looks like this:

image.png

Therefore please open the online file to check its file ID, then open the up-to-date file to check its file ID also, if they are the same then you can use the back up - restore online method mentioned above.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post