Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Moving Myob AccountRight Standard AU Ver 2014.4.4.16.7861 to a new computer

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
JaydenW
2 Posts
User
Australia
JaydenW

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Moving Myob AccountRight Standard AU Ver 2014.4.4.16.7861 to a new computer

Hello,

My laptop which has my MYOB software has been having problems and we have purchased a new desktop. The problem i am having is i am trying to install MYOB software on my new desktop computer and i am getting a window pop up stating set up failed. I purchased MYOB back in 2005 (Ver15), upgaraded in 2009 (Ver18.5) and then again in late 2014- early 2015 to  Ver 2014.4.4.16.7861. I tried installing from the install file MYOB_AccountRight_2014.4.exe and i receive the pop up window (screen shot attached). I also have also attached the log file which was shown on the set up fail window. I thought that maybe I need the orignal software so I installed the MYOB_AccountRight_Plus_2013.5_AU.exe file and it has installed on my computer. I then tried to upgrade using the file MYOB_AccountRight_2014.1.exe & MYOB_AccountRight_2014.4.exe which neither of them have worked and again I get the setup failed window. I know there must be something I am doing wrong and if anyone can help, then it would be much apprichated.

Thank You....

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

999Kudos

877Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Moving Myob AccountRight Standard AU Ver 2014.4.4.16.7861 to a new computer

Hi @JaydenW

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great source of information.

This error is due to the fact that the PC Installers of the older AccountRight releases have an expired certificate and will throw this error when trying to use them.

The solution here would be to download the Server Installer from our Downloads Page as this installer has a certificate expiry set a few years into the future. Just head over to: www.myob.com/downloads and click AccountRight Live, then scroll to 2014.4 and download the Server Installer.

This should then solve the problem.

Please let us know if you get any troubles or have any other questions.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
JaydenW
2 Posts
User
Australia
JaydenW

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Moving Myob AccountRight Standard AU Ver 2014.4.4.16.7861 to a new computer

Thank you so much Hayden it looks like that fixed it, your a champion. I will be trying it out today to see if everything runs fine.

Have a great day mate....

Regards,

Jayden

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post