Multiple companies

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Gotem
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Multiple companies

Hi, 

We have 2 different companies which have 2 different MYOB accounts.

However when logging in both comapanies files are showing when selecting the company files online.

Once logged in to one file - we can navigate and open the other companies file without having to reenter passwords or logging in.

We would like to unlink or separate these companies so that they do not have anything to do with each other - but still allowing us to login to each one on its own with their own log in details.

How do we do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: Multiple companies

Hi @Gotem,

Thank you for your post. Since you are using the same login details for either company, when logging in, it would show you the files or the businesses that you have access to online. The best way to separate these two is to have two different login details (email addresses) as well.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Gotem
Contributing User
18 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, 

We do have differnet email addresses and logins for each company.

Please can you tell us how we can update the logins and separate the companies completely.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Hi @Gotem 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Two-factor authentication is done on per my.MYOB account details. The token that is generated when enabling Trust this device for 30 days is removed when the user signs out of that login. As you are indicated you have two different logins. I assume you are selecting the Sign-out option to log in with the other email address. This would be clearing that token thus removing the trust for 30 days. 

Ideally, we recommend if you have multiple company files that you just have one email address that can access both those files. Should you need to invite that email address to another file check out Help Article: Invite a user to an online file for information on that. 

There may be some cases where using the second email address to access the other file is required. For those situations, when you want to change to another file, fully close the application before relaunching. This will relaunch the application with the option to sign in again. Thus you can log in under the second login but not be prompted to two-factor authentication. 

The full process would be:

• Open the application
  • Sign in under the first login - ensuring that  "Stay signed in for 12 hours" is disabled
  • Enter two-factor authentication if prompted
  • Complete work in that file 
  • Fully close the application - File>>Exit
  • Reopen the application 
  • Sign in under the second login - ensuring that "Stay login for 12 hours" is disabled
  • Enter two-Factor authentication if prompted
  • Complete work on that file 

If you need to change back it would be a matter of fully closing the application, and signing in to that login and as you haven't signed out/removed the token you would not be prompted to enter that two-factor authentication token. 

Note that the "Stay signed in for 12 hours option in would need to be disabled for the above process to work. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Best Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post