Partner Zone

Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

pls08
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

Our online account no longer asks for a password every day.

I am owner/administrator and no-one else has access to security

From what I can see from other posts, this seems to have been a change made by myob. If so that is so dangerous and needs to be changed urgently. 

Can anyone confirm this?????

THIS IS THE SAFETY OF OUR ACCOUNTS SYSTEM. IF THIS DOESN"T GET CHANGED, I WILL BE CHANGING TO A NEW SOFTWARE PROVIDER VERY SHORTLY

109 REPLIES 109
ScotsIce
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

Hi

We are now having the same issue with our MYOB. I am Adminsitrator and my staff (users) can suddenly now log in to our online MYOB file without a password. I have checked Setup > User Access but there have been no changes and nothing to rectify this problem. I have removed their access and re-invited them to the MYOB online file though my.MYOB but this still does not fix the problem.

This seems to be a MYOB issue with logging onto an online file and my users still have to use a password to log onto my.MYOB Account.

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ASAP. I am on hold to MYOB Support about this right now.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
2,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,834Posts

95Kudos

213Solutions

Re: Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

Hi @pls08, and @ScotsIce,

Thanks for your posts and I'm sorry to learn about the challenges you've encountered. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. 

Are you inquiring about an online file or an offline file?

If the file is online, it's probable that someone has configured your User Access to permit you to access the company file using the my.myob username and password. If it's set up in this manner, you won't be prompted to log in with a username and password; this step is bypassed.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

pls08
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH ACCESS TO PERMISSIONS AND HAVE NOT CHANGED A THING....

ONVIOUSLY WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE THIS PROBLE AS THER ARE REPLIES HERE AND NUMEROUS OTHER POSTS REGARDING THIS ISSUE.

THIS NEEDS URGENT ATTENTION.....YOU CANNOT HAVE OPEN ACCES TO THE COMPANY FILE LIKE THIS...

PLEASE RECTIFY ASAP

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
2,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,834Posts

95Kudos

213Solutions

Hi @pls08,

Thank you for your response, and I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I have escalated this matter to the appropriate team for investigation. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information. 

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
2,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,834Posts

95Kudos

213Solutions

Hi @pls08,

I just want to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

JenRow
1 Post
User

1Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I am Administrator (and have not changed any settings) but having the same problem as of today.

Click on MYOB, select the relevant company file and it goes straight in - it did not require password or the authentication code!!!  Checked other Users, and not asking for password when they log-in also.

THIS IS INSECURE WHICH IS SIMPLY NOT SATISFACTORY, has there been a resolve on this problem?

KGlaros
1 Post
User

1Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there Scotslce,

We are now having this same issue as of this morning.  Can you please advise if you were able to get a fix from MYOB support over the phone as I can't see any fixes from the online support in these threads.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
2,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,834Posts

95Kudos

213Solutions

Hi @JenRow, and @KGlaros,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! If the file is online, it is likely that someone has configured your User Access to grant you permission to access the company file using the my.myob username and password. If it is set up this way, you will not be required to log in with a username and password; this step will be skipped.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

DWalt
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Please fix this MYOB, anyone can now hop on my computer and use MYOB as an administrator. We were broken into a few months ago and had computers stolen. Nice to know that if that were to happen now, the crooks could log into MYOB without needing a username, passwaord or an authentication code.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post