Partner Zone

Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

Charlottec
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

Hi Earl,

I use online and offline files with my Desktop version of MYOB and enter my password and 2FA everyday up until yesterday.  Same with the web browser access to my Partner Dashboard, I log in everyday with my password and 2FA.  I no longer need to log into either.  This is not acceptable by any means.  No settings have been changed and I would suggest that MYOB return back to the old system of logging in and not remembering details.  No other accounting packages do this.  I never select remember me for 30 days ever.  I log in everyday.  This is very dangerous especially considering it is not just the desktop version but also the web browser.  Please feel free to contact me to discuss further.  Thanks

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
2,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,834Posts

95Kudos

213Solutions

Re: Myob no longer requiring password to log in (no settings were changed) - DANGEROUS

Hi @ALl

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!When your AccountRight Live login is linked to the company file, it allows for automatic sign-in when you select the company file from the open company file window. Therefore, it's essential to sign out every time you close the account. Please remember to sign out by navigating to Services >> Sign-out from AccountRight Live, rather than simply closing the account by clicking the exit button.

I've sent each of you a private message to gather additional information. Kindly check your inboxes.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

CT-56
Trusted Cover User
126 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

126Posts

5Kudos

3Solutions

Im having the same problem with the login. I want to use passwords and 2FA.

CT

pls08
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

There is no signout option on the desktop version.

And nevertheless, you shouldn't have to signout. It should have remained automatic by default purely for security reasons. I don't know any one that would want it any other way. this is our company data and financial records at stake.

As everyone is asking, THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP.....

In this day and age with all of the problems with stolen data and information, it is essential for the most secure data protocols to be in place and AUTOMATIC by default. Whats the point of setting up logins and 2fa if the system doesn't logout / signout by default.

If this isn;t fixed I'm sure we wont be the only ones looking at an alternative to MYOB

Please treat this as a matter of urgency

MicheleB
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

@pls08 

Hard to believe that it was 4 weeks ago when you initially raised this important issue! The community posts have increased significantly since last week....3 pages now. I just received a private message with the suggested reading "Improving Security" which is about 2FA & a temporary fix which I did yesterday and it only worked for 1 immediate log in, then no security again this morning.

Rocksophstar
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

This needs to be fixed asap or watch everyone switch to Xero, no way this can stay as is with no security and yes how ironic we have to put in our authenticator to comment on here but not to access our MYOB file - someone made a BIG mistake at MYOB headquarters with this one.

Ozkitchens
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

18Kudos

1Solutions

Same Here. I thought it was just me, so I rang MYOB and they said they are aware of the issue. Not good enough that it isn't fixed by today.

lozza111
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

FYI to those concerned about this security issue, I spoke to my accountant this evening after all this came to light they easily transfer your myob file to Xero for a nominal cost and supply training for ease of use very quickly and easily. I suggest getting in touch with your accountant as your first stop obviously MYOB don't care about our private data, won't be long before breaches occur, not hanging around to find out. 

michellegray
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Good Morning, i have this issue also, is there a way to resolve this urgently, thanks

Michelle

sascaro
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

As far as I am aware, unless MYOB decide to rollback their upgrade or fix this issue, the only solution is to change the way you sign out of MYOB. Rather than just choosing File, Exit you should go to the menu at the top of the page and then select Services and then select Sign out from Account Right Live. This will then require you to log in with passwords next time. As a security measure, I have instructed all users to do this from now on. I can't believe MYOB haven't put an alert out about this issue as it is a major data security issue.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post