Negative inventory on-hand values block upgrading from v19.16 to 2021.1

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Craig7
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Negative inventory on-hand values block upgrading from v19.16 to 2021.1

Today we tried to upgrade AccountRight Enterprise v19.16 to 2021.1 but couldn't becuase of several negative on-hand inventory values. We then proceeded to perform a journal entry to zero out all negative on-hand quantity values. We checked that we had dealt with all negative quantity values by running an Items List Summary report. After several attempts the data file would still not upload.

We were unable to untick on the Inventory tab "Allow the Sale of Items with Insufficient On-Hand Quantities". This is probably the reason why the file didn't upload. Thinking that an old transaction may have been blocking the ability to untick, we purged alot of old data but to no effect.

Could you please advise what we should now do.

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Negative inventory on-hand values block upgrading from v19.16 to 2021.1

Hi @Craig7 

I think you are spot on with the process you have been using. However, just to confirm that we have ticked all the boxes before we get that file in so our team can perform that migration on your behalf:

If you run the Purchase Register [Open Item Receipts] report (Reports>>Purchases>>Purchase Register), for an extended date range i.e. 01/01/2000 - 31/12/9999 there are no transactions listed? Once there are no transactions in that report when running the Item List Summary report ALL items currently have an On Hand and Total value of 0 or higher? If so, within Setup>>Preferences>>Inventory - you have/or attempted to disable the Allow the sale of stock with insufficient quantities on hand?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Craig7
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven_M

I performed all the actions that you requested, but I still could not untick "Allow the sale of stock with insufficient quantities on hand".

Are you able to upgrade the data file for us?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Craig7 

Thanks for confirming that information.

I've arranged for the company file to come in for an investigation and potential migration by our team. You'll receive an email about that process shortly. All the information is contained in the email but do let us know if you require further assistance with that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Craig7
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven_M

I am making the backup file now. It will be uploaded within 15mins.

Thank you

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post