New auto upgrades for MYOB AccountRight - not so auto??

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Basketball
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

64Posts

11Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New auto upgrades for MYOB AccountRight - not so auto??

Hello, 

Our system appears to have taken the latest upgrade for AccountRight. Now the opening MYOB screen shows the version as 2021.2.1.

But when going to open the company file, it is still asking individual users if they wish to upgrade the company file from 2021.1 to 2021.2.  We thought this was going to be an automated process now?? If we upgrade the company file on desktops in the office, will remote laptops still be able to access the upgrade of MYOB 2021.2.1 and then access the company file OK or will they be locked out, especially if not used for a while?

Suggest that MYOB publishes a new note on what to expect when an "Auto" upgrade is happening and the steps to go through to ensure no users are locked out of the company file please

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: New auto upgrades for MYOB AccountRight - not so auto??

Hi @Basketball 

Automatic updates means that updates are automatically downloaded in the background while AccountRight is being used. When you close AccountRight your company file will be upgraded or you will receive this prompt so that you can choose to restart and upgrade later;-

auto.PNG

Once your file has been updated to the latest version it can only be opened in that version, as such, all pc's and laptops will need to have the latest version installed. If you haven't accessed your file for a while you will need to update AccountRight to the latest version to open your file. You'll get a message that guides you through that process.

However, if you are on a server or network we do recommend that all pc's and laptops have the Server Edition installed to ensure all versions are the same.

I'll give you some help articles which have detailed information on automatic updates:

Getting the latest version

AccountRight 2021.1 is now available

Which AccountRight installation should I choose?

Please let me know if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post