75 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

75Posts

27Kudos

1Solutions

New update 2020.1 In tray Files opening only in PDF reader

I have just installed the latest update of Account Right 2020.1.  Now when we go into the Intray Files, MYOB opens the files in the PDF reader. A completely different screen, meaning we have to constantly switch between screens, instead of having two MYOB screens up at once. Yes we could reduce the size of the screens on both MYOB and the PDF reader, but it is a lot of faffing around. When we are working within MYOB. Why fix something that wasn't broken???

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,390 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,390Posts

374Kudos

339Solutions

Re: New update 2020.1 In tray Files opening only in PDF reader

Hi @Verdant 

Thanks for your feedback. One of the features introduced in the 2020.1 release is that attachments will now open in your default PDF viewer which allows you to print and save a copy of that attachment. If you are using one monitor we do suggest that you configure AccountRight and the PDF so they are side by side on your screen.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
75 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

75Posts

27Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.  However, it isn't a very good update at all. I am not sure why anyone needs to save and print the document.  I certainly don't. We can do this from our email or wherever the invoice came in the first place.  It seems like a non-essential function.   I am really not liking have to constantly switch between screens. How do I configure the Account Right and PDF windows?  It isn't like I need to have this function all the time I am using MYOB?  

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,390 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,390Posts

374Kudos

339Solutions

Hi @Verdant 

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like this feature. The ability to save/print attached documents without having to search through emails is something other users have asked for. So that you don't need to switch between screens you can configure the windows like this:

pdf.PNG

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
75 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

75Posts

27Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.  I can understand not having to search through emails.  I guess it is how you go about doing things then.  

Just found this YouTube video for those who need help here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAhylpJ8JDc

Although this only appears to make each window an equal size, rather than what Tracey has shown in the picture: the MYOB screen being bigger than the PDF. 

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

this is absolutely beautiful improvement for many users and it is so important and very helpful for keeping records from offline in one place. however if it is can auto create the invoice name by yy-mm-dd/supplier name/Amount$.

I know receipts lens app can do this.  you may pass this to your team to look at this as everytime when we save invoice we have to manully enter the invoice name.

thanks

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,390 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,390Posts

374Kudos

339Solutions

Hi @Verdant 

To change the sizes of the AccountRight and PDF viewer windows you can hover your mouse over the window border until you see the resizing arrow  arrows.PNG. Then click and drag the border to the suitable size.

Hi @tksu 

I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with this new feature. The attachments will be opened in PDF viewer that you have set as the default in Windows 10 so you can change that PDF viewer if you wanted to. I do believe that some PDF viewers allow you to automatically rename files when saving. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to set up but it may be worthwhile looking into.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I also don't like this new feature.  It adds extra time with all the mucking about.

I thought we were trying to have a paperless environment!

I request MYOB next update to revert to previous version on viewing the invoice while entering the purchase plus add something for those who want the PDF.

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This change now creates double handling.  I have to now save the invoice from my email before I can attach it.  I can no longer drag the invoice over to MYOB.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

621Kudos

1,219Solutions

Hi @mrtraveltree 

We are aware that recently a few clients can no longer drag attachments from within an email and drop into In Tray, this is not part of the v2020.1 update and is a separate matter. Additionally there was no recent changes made to In Tray, it is most likely caused by an environmental factor. Our developers are currently looking into this matter to determine the root cause. 

In the meantime, you can consider the alternative of dragging and dropping the entire email into In Tray, it will upload all the available attachments. Dragging and dropping local documents and forwarding emails to In Tray also uploads the documents as usual. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post