No 'UPDATE NOW' button showing on software to upgrade AR+ 2020.2 to 2020.3?

Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

No 'UPDATE NOW' button showing on software to upgrade AR+ 2020.2 to 2020.3?

Has anyone else had the issue of no 'UPDATE NOW' button showing on AR 2020.2 to advise that 2020.3 was available (and provide a direct download link)?

I only knew there was a new update after my PC crashed and IT tech downloaded a newer version than I had. This is the first time I've not received an email advising the update was available nor is there a green 'UPDATE NOW' button encouraging me to update the software.

This is also the case for others I know who use MYBO AR+. We all have current live subscriptions. I've had to visit the site to download the update link and show others where to find the updated software links.

Is this a software bug on AR2020.2?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator
1,447 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,447Posts

97Kudos

128Solutions

Re: No 'UPDATE NOW' button showing on software to upgrade AR+ 2020.2 to 2020.3?

Hi @OzTara 

Thank you for your post.

If the Update now button does not work, this typically means that it may be trying to download the file and it's not keeping the file extension to install. The best way to look into this would be to try and Install the latest software manually. This can be done by checking out this support note: Getting the latest version.

Please let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: No 'UPDATE NOW' button showing on software to upgrade AR+ 2020.2 to 2020.3?

The post says NO UPDATE BUTTON.  Which means there was no button, not that it did not work... there was no notification email that 2020.3 was released and no banner across the top of the MYOB screen announcing the available update (where an 'UPDATE NOW' button can usually be selected to automatically apply the update).

I have updated manually already... but only after an IT tech let me know that there was a newer software version. I am mentioning it here as a friend, who is new to MYOB, did not have the simple update option from the banner either and I had to show her how to update manually.

@Jesh_D wrote:

Hi @OzTara 

Thank you for your post.

If the Update now button does not work, this typically means that it may be trying to download the file and it's not keeping the file extension to install. The best way to look into this would be to try and Install the latest software manually. This can be done by checking out this support note: Getting the latest version.

Please let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post