Older MYOB file not updating to current version

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RhondaMP
Partner
87 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

87Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Older MYOB file not updating to current version

I have a client who still has a file in the desktop version of MYOB.  I'm not sure exactly what version the file was created in.

He recently changed computers and lost his MYOB software so I downloaded V19.16 for him to use.  The file we are having trouble with is a backup file from 2017.  He likes to keep copies of his files by financial year so that he can look back on what he's charged customers in the past.

When I restored the backup file and tried to open it, I had to upgrade to be used in V19.16.

I opened it in V19.16 but once it's been through the verification process, it tells me that it is now upgraded to V19.13.  Why is it saying V19.13 when I've upgraded it using V19.16?

As soon as we close the file and try to reopen it, we have to go through the whole process again.  It's not even staying upgraded to V19.13.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Older MYOB file not updating to current version

Hi @RhondaMP 

I'm unsure why it would be prompting you to upgrade it AccountRight v19.13. I would assume the upgrader has been updated to show the appropriate version or something like.

Anyway, the company file being prompted again to upgrade was a common error with the upgrades in AccountRight Classic. What happened was the system would remember the last place you opened the file from, so when you selected to Open the file you would be in fact opening the pre-upgraded file again thus the prompt to upgrade. What you want to do is select Open a Company File and navigate to the pre-upgraded file would suggest looking in the PremierClassic folder on the local hard disk. Alternatively, upgrade the file again and go to the Company Data Auditor, the Location field would show you that path where the upgraded file is saved so you can open that file from that location in the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post