Online Company File Not Showing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
thedarnellgroup
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
thedarnellgroup

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Online Company File Not Showing

Good evening,

I am currently having an issue with a client’s MYOB file.

I have invited my email address to be an online administrator for the file using the owner's email address/administrator account, which I have then received and accepted. However, when I log into AccountRight the file does not display when I log in online using my email. I am perplexed, I have 11 other files which have been shared this way without a hiccup.

Logging onto my my.myob account I can see the file as well as the list of administrators, of which my address is included. 

I figured that the process of enabling online access might take some time, however it has now been 12 hours without change. 

I have also tried removing administrator privileges and re-enabling them for my account, as well as adding the email address just as an ordinary user, but to no avail.

I have confirmed that other administrators of the file can see the file online.

At a loss here, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

-Adrian

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner Dee-Workman
812 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Dee-Workman
Ultimate Partner

1157Posts

857Kudos

252Solutions

Re: Online Company File Not Showing

Hi @thedarnellgroup

When you say you log on and can't see the file, do you mean in the main display window?  If so, and its the first time you are logging on since you were given access, you actually need to log in on the right hand side.  Click on Open A Company File >>> Online and then enter your email address and password here and login and then you should see the new data file on the right hand side. Double click on here from here and open it.  After thiis initial opening it will then appear in your main log on screen for AccountRight next time you log on.

If you have already done this and it's not showing you are going to need help from a Moderator.  

But hopefully this should solve your problem.

thedarnellgroup
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
thedarnellgroup

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Dee-Workman,

I really wish it was that easy, but unfortunately I have already been doing this.

I guess I will have to hold out for help from a moderator.

Thanks for the help anyway,

-Adrian

thedarnellgroup
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
thedarnellgroup

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello All,

I managed to resolve this issue after spending some time trying to figure out what was wrong by getting the client to strip all access to the account and then re-invite my account as administrator. An unfortunate solution, but a easy fix none the less. 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31537Posts

4119Kudos

4598Solutions

Hi @thedarnellgroup

Its great to hear that you have managed to find a solution to your enquiry.

By the sounds of it when the client invited yourself to the file it hadn't talked correctly at our end to the cloud. So basically you were invited correctly and could see the information in my.MYOB but not access the file. When the client stripped the other users it would have resynced with the cloud at our end and therefore refreshed itself.  

For piece of mind I'm more than happy if you would like to send me the serial number and email address that was invited, via private message on the MYOB Community Forum, to make sure that its been setup correctly and is working as intended going forward.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post