Only Admins Can Access Reports List After Most Recent Update

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SFF-NSW
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Only Admins Can Access Reports List After Most Recent Update

In Accountright, since the most recent update to version 2022.10, only Administrators can access the reports list even though other roles are authorised to do so. Prior to this update, the reports were accessible.

Permissions have been checked in the manage roles section and everything is enabled.

Any ideas??

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Only Admins Can Access Reports List After Most Recent Update

Hi @SFF-NSW 

Just testing AccountRight 2022.10 with a restricted user and I was able to access the respective Reports tab (based on the level of access). Can you provide some insight into how your user access is set up and what access the role does have?

It should be noted that with AccountRight 2022.10, there has been a notified change in the way that custom reports are handled, in that you do need to have access to the base report to be able to run the custom report. For example, if you wish to have access to a custom Job Activity [Detial] report, for instance, you do need to have Report>>Accounts access - which is where the base report is housed.  This is why you could be indicating that Administrators have the access to reports as they would be the only ones that can access all the reports and therefore have all the custom reports.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @Steven_M , you describe the change as "notified". It's not in the 2022.10 release notes that I could see.  Where was it notified?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

SFF-NSW
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Your solution has allowed other roles access to our Custom reports list - thank you.

Our only quarm is that we didn't want to give staff access to all of the reports in that area which they now have.

I'm hoping that this change was an oversight by MYOB and that the change will undone in the next update

srequip2020
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

Has MYOB given any definitive answers as to whether or not you will be changing the custom reports access back to how it was originally?  How it stands currently after the last update is our staff will have full access to all of our financial data, which is definately not an option.  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @srequip2020 

At this time we don't have any further information we can add in relation to the custom reports availability. 

Custom reports in AccountRight 2022.10 are available to users that have the base report in their level of access. For example, if they have access to the Sales reports they would have access to the Custom Sales reports in a company file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

srequip2020
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven, I think MYOB has been remiss in believing companies would be happy sharing their confidential fiancial data with all staff.  With no fix or reversal in sight, I guess my meeting with a Xero agent next week will be an interesting one.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post