jodiebee
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Outlook email addresses won't receive emails from MYOB

Hi

I have two employees who can't receive any payslips as it keeps rejecting their outlook/hotmail email addresses from MYOB. They have been receiving their payslips for a long time and all of a sudden since the MYOB has been updated, they no longer can recieve their payslips. We keep receiving a rejected email message - how can this be fixed??

Please keep in mind there are other employees who have outlook/hotmail addresses and they are receiving their payslips. I hope it doesn't come to a stage where I can't email payslips to my employees.

Please note, we do have some customers and suppliers who have a outlook/hotmail email addresses as well, I also hope it doesn't come to a stage where we can't send an invoice, statement or remittance advice out due to outlook/hotmail not accepting MYOB emails.

Could someone please advise?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
2,894 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

2894Posts

421Kudos

442Solutions

Re: Outlook email addresses won't receive emails from MYOB

Hi @jodiebee

This is definitely quite odd, we would want to do some testing on this to see what the possible cause is. If you are receiving a rejected email message, this sounds like it could be from the Mailmaster and should give you the reason behind the rejection.

To narrow down what the causes may be, can you please let us know the following information:

1. Are you using the Online Emailing Service from AccountRight or using Microsoft Outlook to send Payslips?
  2. Can you provide a screenshot of the error from the Mailmaster rejection notice? (Please censor any personal information from the employee)
  3. Did this directly change since the 2018.1 release or has there been any other change?

I have tested a Payslip being sent to an @outlook.com email address using the Online AccountRight Emailing Service and did not encounter any problems myself. I would very much like to get to the bottom of these issues.

If you have any questions on the information above, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Experienced Cover User Tanialmm
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Tanialmm
Experienced Cover User

66Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden,

I have had this problem for a few months now with one particular client, but now it is occurring with others.

It only happens with some hotmail addressess. This is the message I get (I have removed identifying items):

<bounce@apps.myob.com>
11:15 AM (7 minutes ago)

to me

Sorry, email delivery was unsuccessful.

Subject: Invoice 00016313; From

Destination: @hotmail.com

Sent: July 30th 2018, 11:13:46 am

Payment is due on receipt of this invoice.
Thank you.

Diagnostic-Code: rejected
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
2,894 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

2894Posts

421Kudos

442Solutions

Hi @Tanialmm

With that particular error (Diagnostic Code: rejected). It either means that our email server is rejecting the request as the email address is on a Blacklist. Or the recipient's mail options has determined apps.myob.com is not a safe sender.

I see 2 options here:

1. Check our end to see if we have blacklisted the email address.

2. Ensure the Recipient adds the domain: apps.myob.com as a Safe Sender.

To check the blacklist, can I please ask you to send me a Private Message with the Email Address so that I can look? You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

BelB
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
BelB
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi Hayden, I have the same issue for one our employees with the emails being rejected. It has only just started happening for this person, previously they have been receiving emails to the address. I have got them to add the address to the safe senders list but still occurring. Are you still the best person to PM to check if blacklisted. Thanks
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post