Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Password not required?

I have had this same problem for some time, and MYOB do not have an answer for it.  I have had to create a new user account to get back to the original login screen

Helen_Keegan
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Are we any closer to a solution here?  It has been many months where I am not prompted to sign in.  This is not acceptable and I see I am not the only one with this issue

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Helen_Keegan 

At this time, we don't have any additional information or updates that we can supply. If and when we have any information we will be supplying that to customers.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Smooth
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

18Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Hi All

I have the exact same problem. I am the 'Administrator' of our online company file, and we have about 5 users. As of a couple of weeks ago, I had to enter my password each day, but now when I open our file it opens automatically without me having to sign in. All other Users in our office have to sign in each day.

I would suspect that the cause is something to do with performing administration duties or payroll using the "AccountRight Live" login. I noticed that the online login window had a new look recently, about the same time I was able to open our company file without having to enter my password.

Not an ideal situation - when I am away from my PC, any random staff member can potentially sit at my PC and open our company file with full admin access.

Any updates or solutions would be much appreciated.

DriftaCamping
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Can anyone advise if there is a resolution to this?

We have had one of our senior admins have this occur.

Having been hacked previously, we are quite concerned at the security fall down in not requiring a password to log in

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,760Posts

78Kudos

343Solutions

Hi @DriftaCamping

Thanks for posting. 

Security is a top concern for most everyone and I understand how this might cause some issues. There are two logins for the file, one is the User ID that is file specific and the other is the my.MYOB account which is the email address. If the application automatically logs you in without asking for a User ID, it's likely that your email address is linked to the User ID and your email address is logged in to the application. The workaround on this would be to either unlink your User ID to your my.MYOB email address or to log out your my.MYOB email address out of the software. You can unlink your email address to the User ID by opening the file, clicking Setup > Users Access > click User name > untick the "This user will sign on with my.MYOB account   

If we want to log out your email address, we can open the AccountRight software > Open a company file > Online > Sign out. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Jeff12
13 Posts
User

13Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

by any chance has MYOB responded telling you how to correct 

Smooth
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

18Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Jeff12 

I followed @Genreve_S advice to 'unlink your User ID to your my.MYOB email address'.

Since unchecking this box, I now have to enter my password each time I open our company file. However, a word of warning - as soon as I unticked this box, I discovered that my "my.MYOB" password did not work because I was logging in as Administrator. Luckily I remembered my "old" Administrator password before we upgraded our file to online. It appears now that I am not prompted to enter a two factor code each time I open company file as Administrator. I only get prompted to enter a two factor code if I log into my.MYOB.

Obviously other businesses will have set up their MYOB company file different to ours. Within our office, I chose to have one login profile for myself as Administrator (rather than have both Administrator profile and personal profile). I simply log in each time as Administrator, which I suspect might have created some conflict when MYOB updated their software to include two factor authentication codes.

I'm still not completely sure if I have setup correctly, maybe the MYOB moderators such as @Genreve_S can clarify?

DriftaCamping
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Genreve

Thanks for your reply.

This is far from ideal for us.

Last week I only had one person affected, I now know of at least 4 across our group of companies.

It isn't preferable for me to unlink from my.myob account, as we have a 6 company files I need to access, 4 of them on a daily basis.

Rather than sign out from Services>Sign out from AccountRight Live, is it better we open the software and go as you suggested, AccountRight software > Open a company file > Online > Sign out?

Is this being actively looked at?

I'm not delighted with long term work arounds on Security/access matters when our files have been previously compromised and when I have around 20 staff accessing various company files, most of whom don't have deep knowledge of accounting/myob

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,760Posts

78Kudos

343Solutions

Hi @DriftaCamping

Thanks for posting again and I'm sorry to hear about your worries about how the app handles user access.

We appreciate you taking the time to test out the upsides and downsides of different setups of user access. In my opinion, it's much preferable that the User ID is connected to the email address. We could then log out of our email address from the Online Library of the application as needed. Regardless, I would suggest setting this up according to your preference. 

As for the 2-factor authentication, this would only appear if we are logging in to your My.MYOB (email address).

Feel free to ask if you have any confusion. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post