63 Posts
Partner

63Posts

18Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payee number prompt when producing statements

Hi Support,

I have just upgraded some clients to AccountRight Server Edition 2019.3 to trial the foreign currency statements routines.

Currently, the routine is emailing a blank foreign currency statement for a USD Customer.

A prompt is displayed on both print and email routines shown below:
Capture.PNG

Clicking No, it sends a blank email to the customer.

If you click "No" on the Print Statement it prompts to save twice. The first pdf is blank and second one contains the actual correct statement.

Click "Yes" on the message box above and it takes you to the company information section:

Not sure what this has to do with it the problem and what this message relates to?

Capture2.PNGClicking Yes takes you here

It seems entering a number is not possible as it gives an error message? 

Capture3.PNGEntered a dummy payee number

Can you please advise what we should do to remedy the situation?

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,465 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,465Posts

4,483Kudos

4,858Solutions

Re: Foreign Currency Blank Page in Statement

Hi @PowerMyobBI 

A payee number is a unique number that is required for invoices generated for M-Powered Invoices and relates to that particular business.  M-Powered Invoices was a precursor to Online Invoices/Payments in the AccountRight Classic range.

In theory, if you don't use M-Powered invoices then you shouldn't be using the M-Powered invoices as a basis for your customise forms. If you do use an M-Powered form as the basis you will encounter a Payee message when attempting to use that form, this is even if you remove fields from it. There are two ways around this so that you don't get that message:

1) Customise another form using either the Plain Paper or Pre-Printed forms as your basis of form. Please note you are unable to copy fields from one form to another. For more information into customising forms in AccountRight please see Help Article: Personalising forms

2) Enter in a dummy payee number. If you go to Setup>>Company Information, you can enter in a payee number. You can enter in "00000000", this will be accepted by the system. Please note by doing this it will get around that message, however, your customise form SHOULD NOT contain the [customer reference], [Enter biller code here] or  [barcode] fields. These are M-Powerd fields and don't belong on that form if you are not using the service.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner PowerMyobBI
63 Posts
Partner

63Posts

18Kudos

2Solutions

@Steven_M 

Thanks for your reply regarding the M Powered statements. The client doesnt use this facility.

I have tried the plain paper statement and it doesnt prompt the Payee No but it still also prints a blank page for a particular USD customer with a pre-conversion AUD balance which has been previously cleared.

I tested a foreign customer statement on the demo MYOB file and I cannot replicate the blank statement page printing on the plain paper statement.

Any ideas on what to check nexxt?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,465 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,465Posts

4,483Kudos

4,858Solutions

Hi @PowerMyobBI 

When you say you are encountering a blank page are you are saying that page is blank i.e. a white blank page OR a statement not showing a layout but does have a layout (i.e. their name and address)?

If it is the latter, that is by design. AccountRight 2019 will produce a statement for each currency of a customer including the default currency set on the form. For example, say I have the currency on the card to be AUD and record USD invoices for the customer I will get two statements - one for the AUD and one for the USD. If you only require the one statement i.e. the USD one, go into the customer's card and update the Default currency to be USD. By doing this the customer will only be a USD customer and thus only have the one statement.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner PowerMyobBI
63 Posts
Partner

63Posts

18Kudos

2Solutions

@Steven_M 

This is a blank statement page where the first page is blank but it shows the layout but no transactions for the plain paper statement. 

The second page correctly shows the outstanding USD transactions (invoices in USD and USD payments). The default currency on customer card is set to USD.

Could this be a bug releated to the opening AUD conversion balance of the USD amount which has been cleared out already? I cant seem to replicate error in the sample file. 

I double checked the customer card and it is defaulted to USD and its still propmting for two saves on printing to PDF.

Can you confirm opening foreign amounts converted to AUD and cleared are not showing this problem with the print or email functions for customer foreign statements?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,465 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,465Posts

4,483Kudos

4,858Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @PowerMyobBI 

Statements for foreign currency customers producing a nothing statement when transactions recorded for another currency and closed off is something that we are looking into.

Basically, in short, the program is behaviour based on what we would expect i.e if you or even had a balance for a customer it will produce a statement for them. Although, there is room for investigation with this one as ideally one statement should be produced per customer and producing multiple can be confusing to a customer especially with a blank one.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner PowerMyobBI
63 Posts
Partner

63Posts

18Kudos

2Solutions

@Steven_M 

Thanks for you reply Steven.

From my understanding the problem is the email routine sends only the first attachment which in this particular case is a blank statement for the opening AUD conversion amount transaction which is now cleared. It seems to ignore attaching the second USD statement which shows up when you use the Print to PDF option.

Thanks again for your assistance with this matter.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post