Printing to PDF blurry quality

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Marke
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Printing to PDF blurry quality

I have a new computer (Windows 10 Pro) and have installed AccountRight 2017.1  successfully.  When I print my invoices as a PDF (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC) the resulting invoices appear blurry.  The text is not selectable and the file size has tripled in size to 150KB

If I log on to my old computer (Windows 7 Pro running AccountRight 2017.1) and print these same invoices as a PDF (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC) the resulting invoices appear sharp, the text on the pdf is selectable and the file size is only 50KB.

I thought this problem was probably caused by setting differences within Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on the two pcs.  I've compared the Acrobat settings on the two pcs side by side and they are identical.  I've also compared the Acrobat print driver settings and they are also identical.

On the new Windows 10 PC I am able to convert a Word doc to a PDF and the resulting pdfs appear sharp, the text on the pdf is selectable.

The problem only appears to occur with MYOB AccountRight.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
5teve
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Printing to PDF blurry quality

MYOB will tell you its a windows 10 problem... its not.

Try running a report in MYOB and printing to PDF using acrobat - it works fine - crisp and selectable text.

Print an invoice - your out of luck - it prints it as a low res image file - no selectable text etc. However try adding a page number to the bottom of your invoices - strangely - thats nice and crisp and selectable as text.

This issue screwed my whole workflow up and forced me to rethink my whole workflow. Things now take about 50% longer to do because of the additional steps I have to take over V19 (which prints fine in windows 10 and is still far faster than 2016)

I was hoping they would listen to the many people complaining about this issue.. but yet again.. they havent. MYOB business loans obviously took priority. Smiley Surprised)

Steve

Marke
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I have since tried printing a report and a pay slip as well.  The problem seems to occur with any MYOB forms that you try and print as a PDF.

I have tried printing these forms to a PDF using Microsoft Print to PDF (the Windows 10 inbuilt print driver). The results are equally disappointing. The resulting PDF is a low resolution image rather than sharp selectable text. The file size was also 500MB rather than 50MB.

I have found on a Microsoft forum that some Windows 10 users are having problems printing PDFs. A resolution seemed found by following these steps:

Uninstall Adobe Acrobat
Reboot
Uninstall Microsoft Print to PDF
Reboot
Install Adobe Acrobat

The consensus appeared to be that Microsoft Print to PDF and Adobe Acrobat are incompatible.

Cheers,

Mark

gavin12345
Ultimate User
3,370 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,370Posts

2,351Kudos

470Solutions

Hi @Marke

Just a thought - you mentioned in your first post that the same invoice prints ok in Windows 7 but not Windows 10 - the issue may relate to fonts. Any printing (whether to printer or PDF) relies on the use of available fonts. If the program is designed to use a particular font that is not available on the Windows 10 machine, it will substitute a font which could be what is causing your issues. Check all fonts on the Windows 7 machine are installed on the Windows 10 machine.

Regards

Gavin

Marke
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your response.

Followed you suggestion and checked the fonts but no luck.

I have several Windows 10 PCs and an older Windows 7 PC in our office.  The problem only occurs on the Windows 10 machines when generating a PDF form within MYOB.

I contacted MYOB support today and shared my Windows 10 PC with them via TeamViewer.

They tried using the following PDF programs: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, CutePDF Writer, Microsaoft XPS Document Writer and Microsoft Print to PDF.  All created a raster PDFs rather than vector PDFs.

They then thought it might be our invoice templates so opened the default Clearwater test account inbuilt with every version of MYOB.  Again even generating a PDF from a simple Clearwater report or form created rastered PDFs rather than vectored PDFs.

The technician said that they had not come across this problem before.

However, upon searching the MYOB forums there are countless instances of this very same problem going back as far as 2015!!

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/Issues-Printing-to-PDF-since-Windows-10-up...

Cheers,

Mark

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post