18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Printing to PDF on WINDOWS 10 is still not working, needs to be addressed

I have also recently raised this issue (cannot consistently 'Save to disk' in PDF format when invoicing). Thread can be found here.

After all that back and forth, as well as phone calls, there is still no resolution and we are looking at moving our only remaining Windows 7 computer to Windows 10. Invoicing is about to become exceptionally laborious because MYOB will not accept fault and resolve this issue. 

Looking forward to moving past this dinosaur of a program in the VERY near future!

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
147 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

147Posts

36Kudos

0Solutions

I really dont why they keep the send to disk function in the program.  It is of nil value to anyone.

1. Print quality to PDF is so poor its an embaresment to send the document to a customer.

2. You cant select the form that it prints to.

This leaves only one option for me, that is to email the document to myself (in the form of my choosing) and hope to god that the email system isn't down or taking 1/2 hr to send.

MYOB - Why cant you included a suitable document printer in the software and allow us to choose the form we use.  I think you would make a lot of people somewhat happy.

John

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello MYOB devs.

I believe if MYOB enhanced the "Send To Disk" function to be able to select a custom form then this wouldn't be such a big deal.

"Send to Email" allows you to select a different form so this shouldn't be too hard to implement.

My Win7 machine just crashed and first time using MYOB AR online in Win10 and i straight away noticed print to PDF didn't print my fonts and text was a converted picture.

Thanks

Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

1) Search windows feature in the search box of the Start menu. Then tick Turn Windows features on or off of the first result. 2) Scroll down at the pop-up Windows features window. Find plus remove the box from Microsoft Print to PDF. Next click OK to save-settings. 3) Restart your Windows 10. 4) Follow step 1) repeat to open Windows features window. This moment find including tick on Microsoft Print to PDF to allow it. Then click OK to save-settings.

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hell LUKII,

I tried your steps for "Microsoft Print to PDF" and "Windows feature..." but it didn't solve the problem of Print to PDF from MYOB in Win10 from turning text to images.

Thanks anyway.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Print to pdf wont work as it's the way that MYOB creates the print job and sends it to the print spooler that is wrong. 

I was notified yesterday by the account team that they are going to address this in a future release in 2020 however they haven't been more specific about when in 2020 unfortunatley.  Perhaps if enough people complain about it they may bring it forward. 

They already use the correct functionality in the program with the send to email and disk function they just need to repoint the poorly coded piece to use this.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

Dear MYOB team

Today Microsoft support was ended for windows 7, so those of us who cannot get acceptable printing results on windows 10 are now exposed to viruses and other security risks due to MYOB.

I did have a member of the development team contact me a couple of months ago asking for additional information and was given the impression that they were directly looking into this issue, which seemed promising, although I have heard nothing further since.

Can we please get an update from the development team on this issue?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @Oscar_W 

As has been mentioned previously on this thread, this is something that we are aware of occurring with Windows 10 and the AccountRight range. Although, at this stage, we don't have an immediate timeframes as to when we will see an in-product fix for those cases.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M ,

I need to point out that the application already does this properly with the send to disk function however it's as if you have had two different teams working on it when it was developed, one team coded the print function and didn't do it right and the other team coded the send to disk function and did it properly.  

You already have the correct functionality working you just need to point it to the correct code.   This was escalated to the account team last year so surely there must be some timeframe around it.  Although one of the cusotmer service staff told me once that there wasn't even a defect/issues log for the application which told me a lot. 

This should have been picked up during your testing program as users identified it very quickly but yet again MYOB seem to drag their heels such as they did with the release of this application.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @DanT 

Thank you for your additional feedback on this comment.

The Send to Disk functionality is the recommended way we do encourage clients to send their invoice transactions to disk and generate a PDF. While a client is welcome to use a PDF printer, we do recommend using the Print function to actually print the document.

We have raised this situation with our development team to investigate the use of PDFprinters with Windows 10 and AccountRight. At this stage, we are not able to provide information on that investigation and the status of it, however, should clients wish to produce a PDF through the AccountRight software we do recommend using the Send to Disk functionality.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post