MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Re: Printing to PDF on WINDOWS 10 is still not working, needs to be addressed

Hi @Oscar_W 

While we can certainly see the benefit of having the ability to select a customise form when generating PDF of your invoices would have, it is not something that is actively being considered at this time for the current AccountRight range in its current form. However, it is something that we are looking into for the future for our product suite.

In saying that, I would recommend for clients that would like to see this functionality added to the AccountRight range to show their support Sales: Send to Disk (PDF) select form on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

I think you are missing the point and I don't think you've even responded correctly to the original thread, this is basic functionality that in my opinion should not have passed user acceptance testing or if it had it was captured as a known defect for remediation in one of the first updates.  It's as if you have had two different development teams coding these two functions.  One team has coded it well the other poorly which has resulted in the **bleep** quality rendering for print jobs vs the high quality for save to formats.

The code already exists all we are asking is for MYOB to deliver a quality product that reflects the price that we all pay.  This issue has been raised multiple times and every time it's either fobbed off or we're told that it's being looked at for a future release.  It feels a lot like the release of multi-currency for AccountRight which took 5+ years but every time someone asks when it will be released the answer was alwasy we're working on it and it's not long now.  

Why doesn't anyone from MYOB take ownership of the issues and come up with a plan to fix them rather than **bleep** off your existing customers?

I was told that this fix was already on the list and being looked at but now you're telling us that we still need to request it via the AccountRight Idea Exchange?

Daniel

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,014 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,020Kudos

5,412Solutions

Hi @DanT 

My recent previous replies on this thread have been targeted at users that have requested the ability to select which form they would like use when generating a PDF for. 

As has been indicated earlier on in this thread, the use of certain PDFPrinters with AccountRight range and Windows 10 producing lessen quality PDFs is something that we have seen and have reported across to the required team for investigation. Although, at this stage, we don't have an immediate timeframes on any in-product fixes for that situation. In the meantime, where appropriate, we do recommend using the Send to Disk function to generate the PDF which is the recommend in-product way to generate those PDFs.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This is an issue which really needs addressing. 

We work as 8 users on 1 datafile -  in the cloud.

If we send our document to file - the app sends it using the most recent form used. 

We have several business names and have invoice forms and quotation forms for each.

I honestly cannot believe MYOB has allowed this issue to stagnate.

There are workarounds - but they are so inconvenient.

We have used printing to pdf using Microsoft Pdf Printer - it works ok but the screen pdf version has boxes around all of the text fields. 

Surely this should be a priority given the number of people who print to pdfs using an App.

Bad form MYOB.

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I tried printing one sales invoice aPDF and the right hand 1/4 (vertical section) does not print. I have to print on printer and scan it in. How can the defult send to disk get changed to anoter form?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

47Kudos

0Solutions

@Paulcoops58

>Go to Command center and select the "sales" tab

>"print/email invoices" 

>"advanced filters" 

>"selected form for sale" is where you set the default form (why it is so cryptic I have no idea) 

> Imagine having to do this 20 times per day and if you don't have to, be grateful

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post