Problem with upgrading company file to 2016.1

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
KyraGH
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Problem with upgrading company file to 2016.1

Hi,

I haven't used the MYOB forum before so I hope I'm posting this in the right place?

I upgraded MYOB to 2016.1 last week. I went to open my MYOB company file in 2016.1 and it prompted me to upgrade the file before using it, that's fine, that's what normally happens. However it's now about 48 hours later and the file is still upgrading, and I cannot access it at all. (Not sure if it matters, but the file is hosted in the cloud). It's not a huge file, and normally upgrading only takes an hour or so.

Here is what happens:

I try to open company file in 2016.1.

Error message comes up: "Upgrade or open? You've selected a 2015.4 company file. Do you want to upgrade the file and open in AccountRight 2016.1?"

If I choose "Yes, upgrade to 2016.1", another message comes up: "Upgrade is in progress. This company file is currently being upgraded. You can sign on once the upgrade is complete."

If I choose "No, open it in 2015.4", 2016.1 closes and 2015.4 is loaded, and this message appears: "Connection error. We're sorry, but something has interrupted AccountRight and you'll need to restart." I can then click "Try again" and it gives me the same "Upgrade is in progress" message as above ^

I called MYOB support centre yesterday but I don't think my situation was fully understood. They directed me to the HotFix tool but I can't use this because my company file is in the cloud? And I don't think it's an issue with the Microsoft update, to me it seems my file has just got "stuck" in cyberspace while trying to upgrade ???

Anyway, I'd really appreciate your help! Thank you Smiley Happy

Kyra

8 REPLIES 8
Trusted Cover User Harshana
23 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

23Posts

28Kudos

6Solutions

Re: Problem with upgrading company file to 2016.1

Hi @KyraGH,

You are absolutely correct. The Microsoft Windows update affected only files stored locally and not online. So there is no way the HotFix tool would resolve your issue.

Connection errors can have a number of causes, however, the one most identified is where another application, such as security software or a virus checker (Anti-Virus), has interrupted AccountRight. This type of software often run checks on communications channels used by AccountRight and can cause interruptions if they're used at the same time. And, not only can they cause connection errors, they can affect the processing speed of AccountRight.

I would suggest turning off your anti-virus temporarily when doing the upgrade. In failing that, I would try contacting the MYOB Support Team again, as your initial call was not resolved adequately.
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,343 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,343Posts

525Kudos

1,149Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @KyraGH,

Please allow me to extend you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it an useful tool.

Sorry to hear you are having issue upgrading the online company file. You've done the correct steps of upgrading the file, and it certainly should not take this long to complete the upgrade, despite the file size.

After checking the backend, it does appear the file is incorrect 'stuck' in an upgrade loop. We've now cancelled the upgrade so the file is active again, you'll need to open the file in v2016.1.1 to upgrade it again. v2016.1.1 was released to work with the recent Microsoft security updates, therefore you don't need to run the fix tool once the upgrade is complete.

Please do let us know how it goes, we are happy to assist further. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KyraGH
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much CloverQ! I appreciate your help, MYOB is now working smoothly for me again, yay! Smiley Very Happy

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,343 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,343Posts

525Kudos

1,149Solutions

You are most welcome @KyraGH, glad that I could help!

Please feel free to browse and post on the forum at any time. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Xero
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I appear to be having the same issue as KyraGH.

Are you able to review my file?

Thanks,

X

Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

303Kudos

699Solutions

Hi there @Xero,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum! We do hope you find it a valuable place.

I've gone ahead and deprovisioned your file as well - you should now be able to go to v2016.1, double-click on your file, and upgrade it again.

Do let us know if you're still experiencing problems so we can assist further.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
AliciaK
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Guys,

Mine too is stuck in upgrading land.  i have restarted uninstalled restarted and nothing its still stuck.  Can my profile please be reviewed?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Hi @AliciaK

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

I have arranged for that company file to be set back to active and deprovisioned. This should allow you to go through and select that company file to upgrade to AccountRight 2016.2. 

I would recommend selecting to upgrade the file and giving it 5-10 minutes to allow for the upgrading to take place.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post