Australia
AndrewStephen
Experienced Cover User

78Posts

12Kudos

1Solutions

Problems with importing Sales -> Item Sales

Evening

I am looking for some help with importing Item Sales with v2018.4.1 having just upgraded from v19.15

I managed to import 100+ records OK no errors accept the one record attached.

I am getting the following error 

Error -232: No location specified; default location cannot be substituted due to insufficient quantity.

The record being imported is set to an order, so insufficient qty should be an issue.
If I try to import the line from the file but itself it imports  OK without any issues.

This is the item that fails in the file I am importing, but as mentioned it import OK by its self.
11.005.0202,6,"Insert Banana Plug Red to Binding Post (Black)"

Really need some assistance with this one as I cant process any online sales (magento) since upgrade to v2018

Thanks
Andrew

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
4,033 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4033Posts

628Kudos

589Solutions

Re: Problems with importing Sales -> Item Sales

Hi @AndrewStephen

The software can having problems importing in "large quantities" (100+ records is considered large in this context), and it can vary.

If it imports by itself just fine but has problems when grouped with the other records, could you try importing with a bunch of records? IE: Add that item with a group of 50 and see if this works?

Admittedly this is more of a fact finding mission rather than a direct solution.

Experienced Cover User AndrewStephen
78 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
AndrewStephen
Experienced Cover User

78Posts

12Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Problems with importing Sales -> Item Sales

Hi @Hayden_B

Actually its another bug in the software nothing to do with the size of the import file.

Doesn't make if there is one record or 1000+ records.

In the case of this error, each line by itself along with the 2 header lines {} and the field names import OK.
Its just when we try to import the entire record it give the error.

Its directly located to the location field in the import file which is something new added in v2018.4.1 I belive (stand to be corrected)

Didn't matter if the record was inported as an order, still got the error.

The import file contains an empy value for the location, but did match the field
ie
....  "Cheque Number",Category,"Location ID","Card ID","Record ID"

.... ,,,,G100028072,

Cheque is empty, Category is empty, Location ID is empty and Record ID is empty

This has worked in v19 (and earlier versions) since 2001 and works 99% of them time in v2018.4.1

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post