Re: Upgrade 2023.1

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CarlBenton
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I have upgraded to 2023.1 and now Payroll cannot post the journals into my MYOB AccountRight file! It comes up with the following error:

Encountered an operation error (https://secure.myob.com/oauth2/v1/authorize)

I have done API app development with MYOB before so it is clear to me that it is failing to authorize with the API, yet it has been working for years up until this update. It displays the error when opening the settings also, and every time I try to re-enter my credentials.

It also comes up with a prompt saying "No user password was entered. Set password now?" EVERY time I open a company file. I don't want to set a password, so how do I stop this?

5 REPLIES 5
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,869Posts

100Kudos

410Solutions

Hi @CarlBenton 

Thank you for your post. Linking the Payroll data to your accounting  software depends on the correct access permissions to your AccountRight company file, if this isn't set up correctly the payroll data will not transfer successfully. To check this, Log in to Windows as an Administrator user >> Navigate to your MYOB Folder >> Right click your company file and choose Properties >> Security tab >> change the access control on the company file.

If you recently upgraded to the New version of MYOB AccountRight 2023.2, please check the software compatibility . If your Payroll and accounting software versions are not compatible , you can Manually integrate MYOB accounting software with Payroll.

Please feel free to post again I'll be happy to assist.

If my response  had answered your enquiry please click " Accept as Solution " to assist other users find this information .

Cheers,

Princess

CarlBenton
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply Princess. However, the issue is not with AccountRight. Payroll has worked for several years, posting data into AccountRight just fine, as this works via the API.

I rang MYOB support and was told by the operator that this is a known bug with the 2023.1 upgrade to Payroll. However, it is now 2 weeks later (payroll time again) and I have heard nothing from MYOB and there is no additional update so it does not look like it has been fixed yet.

A bit frustrating that MYOB has yet again released an update with more bugs than improvements and have not resolved it promptly.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,869Posts

100Kudos

410Solutions

Hi @CarlBenton 

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Payroll posting journals to MYOB has been resolved. If the issue persist, please do let us know so that we can raise it.

Cheers,

Princess

CarlBenton
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Princess,

Yea, at first we thought the new release did not fix the problem. It was a little confusing because MYOB decided to re-release over the same version, which I thought was a little unprofessional as it should be released as a new version. It was confused by the fact that after an uninstall, re-download and re-install it still did not work. However, after I investigated it yesterday I realised that because of the re-install, Payroll had lost the login credentials for the API, despite the company file still being shown. After setting them again via the options it is now all working again.

So, for anyone else having this problem, update to the latest Payroll 2023.1 and re-setup the API integration under the Payroll Options -> Accounting tab. You can actually test it and re-post the journals via the Tools -> Create Journals option.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,869 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,869Posts

100Kudos

410Solutions

Hi @CarlBenton 

Thank you for the reply. It's great to know that you had this resolved. And I really appreciate you sharing this workaround to assist others with the same issue.

Please feel free to post again If you need help in the future.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post