Re-installing MYOB on Windows 10 from Windows 7

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
FireFlash
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re-installing MYOB on Windows 10 from Windows 7

Error 12029 Fix suggests installing on latest version of Windows which I have on another laptop. Windows 10.

a) I have misplaced the isntall CD. Can I download a copy of the internet and install?My company file and installed version was verifeid unitl recently

Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers

4 REPLIES 4
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Re-installing MYOB on Windows 10 from Windows 7

Hi @FireFlash 

Please see this page for downloading AccountRight installers: 

MYOB Software downloads

Meanwhile, I'd also suggest checking out this Help page for more details on installation steps: 

Install AccountRight

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

FireFlash
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi CloverQ,

The software I have on windows7 is Myob accounting v18.5. I have downloaded the 18.51 installer from your download site

a) will this version install on Windows 10?

b) How do I transfer the licensing keys over (register new version and de-register old version)?

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @FireFlash 

i'm glad to hear you've downloaded the installer required.

With Windows 10, only AccountRight v19.6 or later versions are tested and supported, earlier versions of AccountRight may not work properly. You can certainly give it a try, if it works fine then you can certainly keep it going, if not, try one of the later versions or even the latest version v2022.10 (which is more powerful than v19 but also have small differences), full AccountRight product owners can upgrade to the latest version for free now. I'd suggest checking out this Help article for your consideration: Upgrade to the new AccountRight

You don't need to do any registration with the software installation, the license is with the serial number inside the company data file. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Liz_A
Valued User
325 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

325Posts

34Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @FireFlash 

I use all versions of MYOB back to v12 on Windows 10. You may need to check Properties for Compatibility and use run as Administrator to install, etc. but it does work. If you get a Windows message when you try to open the programme saying that the App is blocked for your protection or similar, try changing the MYOB.exe file to something like MYOB185.exe and it should work. If you upgrade to the latest version, you may find you will have problems later on and be forced to start paying for a subscription in order to use your file. If you have managed to get by with your version so far, it's unlikely you will need to upgrade. If you are seriously considering upgrading, then do some research on here beforehand as the new system is slow, drops out, has long term bugs and the file can't be purged so continues to grow and get slower until you have to create a new file.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post