Restore backup file

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CathrineJ
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Restore backup file

Hi, 

I am trying to restore my end of year backup file in my AccountRight library without success.

Initally I was getting the error message that the file had to have .myox, .myo etc extensions.  I renamed the file with the extension and managed to get it in my library, however when I try open it, a message pops up about upgrading the file and as soon as I try to upgrade, the program needs to shut down, with the following message:

The database encryption mode is invalid. [ Input Encryption Mode = 0 ]

I have tried to use Upgrade a company file from the main menu but it can't locate that particular file, same as the AccountRight Hotfix tool, the file is not in the list it can access.

Please let me know how I can rectify this, perhaps it has something to do with the extension?

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Restore backup file

Hi @CathrineJ 

The correct process to restore a backup can be found on Help Article: Restore your company file.

Please note: If you have changed the file extension of the backup it would need to be moved back to being a zip file in order to use that restore process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

CathrineJ
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

Thank you for your help.

I hvae tried restoring step by step as per "restore your company file"

As previously mentioned I have got it into my library but once I update the file, Accountright needs to close.  It is a zip file.  The message is Message:

I have followed the help guidelines but there are only two messages that you can get help with, it says any other message you need to contact support.

CathrineJ
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cannot Upgrade backup file

Hi,

I have restored a backup file to my library but when I open it, it says I need to upgrade the file. As soon as I select the upgrade option, a message pops up stating AccountRight needs to close. The following message is in view error message:

How can I sort this issue out.

Many thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @CathrineJ 

So mentioned in your post that the file was zip file. As such, you would have used the restore process to restore that file into a myox file and that file should be listed in your library. You can then select the Open a company file option to open the file and work on it.

If you are getting a message such as "Message: The database encryption mode is invalid" it would seem to indicate that there is an error with that particular file and the way it has been moved across which is preventing it from being accessed (possibly due to the changing of the file extensions initially). My recommendation would be if you are encountering this error would be to go back to the original file (prior to the renaming of the file extensions) and use that file. The next step would depend on whether that original file was a zip file or a myox file. If that file is a zip file use that restore process. If that file is an myox file you would want to select Open a Company file and select Add a file to this library before oepning that file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post