Restoring a Client Backup to Version 2019, AccountRight needs updating

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MKemp
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

17Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Restoring a Client Backup to Version 2019, AccountRight needs updating

Hi,

We are trying to restore a client backup to our desktop version of AccountRight 2019. When the file loads a message pops up saying AccountRight needs updating. I have also tried to restore the file in the latest version of AccountRight desktop but the same message is appearing. Can I restore a client file onto older versions of AccountRight or is this now obsolete with the latest changes?

Thank you

Michelle

3 REPLIES 3
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Restoring a Client Backup to Version 2019, AccountRight needs updating

Hi @MKemp 

Thanks for your post. If you're getting the message "AccountRight needs updating" when trying to open your company file, it means there's a newer AccountRight version available which you'll need to install. See Getting the latest version for more information.

You can restore an AccountRight V19 file (.myo) in the new AccountRight: 

You can extract the company file from the backup file then upgrade it. Here's how:

1. Right-click the backup ZIP file you're attempting to restore and choose Open with > Windows Explorer. The contents of the ZIP file will be shown - a single folder.
  2. Double-click this folder to display its contents.
  3. Locate the company file (this will end with ".MYO", for example "MyCompany.MYO").
  4. Click and drag the company file to your Desktop.
  5. Open the new AccountRight.
  6. On the Welcome window, click Upgrade a company file.
  7. Follow the on screen prompts to upgrade the company. When prompted to choose the file to upgrade, choose the file you moved to your desktop.

Learn more about upgrading to the new AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MKemp
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

17Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Yanike

I got this far and then the software tells me the serial number doesn't match my account. This is our clients file and we normally restore it to our software as read only to print reports. Do I proceed with a change to serial number?

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @MKemp 

You see this message because the serial number in the company file isn't linked to the email address you’ve logged in with. To upgrade the file you need to be signed in to your MYOB account as an online owner or online administrator. The online owner is usually the person who purchased the AccountRight subscription. An online administrator is someone who has been invited by the owner to perform this role. Could you get the file owner to invite you as an online administrator/owner?

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post