Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Restoring backed up 2013.5 company file into 2014.4

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced User BLBC
12 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
BLBC
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Restoring backed up 2013.5 company file into 2014.4

Hi there

Today I was given 2014.4 after all sorts of problems when I loaded Windows 10 and then restored it back to Windows 7.

I am now having problems restoring a backed up company file in 2013.5  into the 2014.4 environment.  Can anyone assist with this problem?

Wendy

11 REPLIES 11
Former Staff Tallie_M
2,000 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Tallie_M
Former Staff

4461Posts

301Kudos

698Solutions

Re: Restoring backed up 2013.5 company file into 2014.4

Hi there @BLBC,

Could you provide a bit more information as to what problems you are having?

When restoring a backup from an older version, you would normally go through the same restore process ('Restore a backup file' on the welcome window), but simply be informed towards the end (when the software is trying to open the file) that you will need to upgrade the file for use with this later version.

If you could outline further details of your issue, as well as the steps you are going through in attempting to restore the file, that would be much aprpeciated.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Experienced User BLBC
12 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
BLBC
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi there,

I have been having problems with my computer since I uploaded the Windows 10 but have restored back to Windows 7.  Now every bit of siftware is working except MYOB.   Since I wrote this earlier message to  myMYOB, I have installed restoration software on Windows 7.after uninstalling MYOB 2013.5 ad 2014.4.  I have now downloaded fresh copy of MYOB2013.5 and MYOB 2014.4. 

I called up MYOB 2013.5 and went to restore a backed up of my company file, then it takes a while to place in library, then I go to opened the company file using Open Company file and nothing happens.

I have tried changing the location of the library file using tools as well.

I have also tried doing the above  with 2014.4

Wendy

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11615Posts

1341Kudos

1633Solutions

Hi Wendy ( @BLBC )

Are you able to clarify something for me? When you say that nothing happens when you click on Open a Company File, does the Library Browser window not come up, or does it come up but there is nothing to select?

If you have used the change library location tool, then that only tells AccountRight that the library is now in the point where you have specified, it doesn’t move your company files for you. If you had moved the library location but hadn’t moved any of your company files, then the next time you opened AccountRight there wouldn’t be any files available for you to select.

Please let us know how you get on

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User BLBC
12 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
BLBC
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tallie,

To answer your question,  when I open 2014.4, and Open the library browser, I see the company files but not so when I open the 2013.5 MYOB.

To be honest, I thinking that the MYOB Server is not working on my machine because when I go to the Control Panel ->Administrative toolls-> Services to start the MYOB server file, it starts and stops after a few seconds.

Wendy Carter

Experienced User BLBC
12 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
BLBC
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

PS

After I select te company file in the library,  nothing happens, it goes back to the home screen and does not display the company file

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11615Posts

1341Kudos

1633Solutions

Hi @BLBC

When you have two different versions of AccountRight installed, then you will have two different versions of the set library location tool. If you only run one of these tools, then it will set the location for that version and not for both. This will mean that one version would be pointing to one location, and the other version would point to another location. This would appear as if your files weren’t available in one version but would show in the other.

If you have files that arent showing in one version, but they are visible in another, then you would have to run both Set Library Location tools to be pointing to the same location and ensure that all your company files were also in that location. This can be achieved through copying and pasting the company files from where they sit to the new location. 

If you have started the AccountRight Library services and they are stopping almost immediately then you would need to look at doing a repair installation of that program as the services should start and remain started. Our help article, AccountRight library service issues, does cover what to check for if you are having issues with your AccountRight Library services and how to do a repair installation of the software.

Please let us know how you get on

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User BLBC
12 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
BLBC
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Neil, I will let you know how I go with these steps.

Wendy

Experienced User BLBC
12 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
BLBC
Experienced User

12Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Neil

Managed to follow the Account Right Services Library Services issue  notes and got to the point in Section 4  where I stopped and started the MYOB account right library This went Ok but then I tried the MYOB Account Right Server and could not stop it and when I went to start it simply came up witht he window BOX and stops.  Tried to repair as per instructions and did not work.  There is no option to stop this service.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11615Posts

1341Kudos

1633Solutions

Hi @BLBC

When you are trying to stop the AccountRight Server Service, are you right clicking on the service? If you right click on the service you should get a grey menu appear, just like what you see in this screenshot.

stop.PNG

If you click stop on this menu that should stop the service, and the status should change to either stopped or go blank. Once stopped you can make the changes mentioned in the help article, and then try and restart it. If it starts and then stops again that normally means the service is damaged and needs the repair install.

If you do not have the option of stopping the service, then you may need to login to Windows using a Windows Administrator login. If you are already logged in as the Windows Administrator, then it could indicate an issue with your Windows system as you should be able to stop a running service, assuming that service isn’t being used – such as if you were trying to stop the service with AccountRight open on your computer.

Please let us know how you get on with this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post