Retrieving MYOB system Backups

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nwoon
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Retrieving MYOB system Backups

Hi,

I am confused with the message on this page: https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/About+backing+up+and+restoring+company+files

"If your AccountRight company file is online, your data is held by MYOB in state-of-the-art data centres and cloud servers. These facilities automatically back up your data online weekly, retaining it for six months.

This is not the same as a backup. A backup is a snapshot of your company file at a particular point in time. So even if you work online, you may still want to make backups periodically, for example weekly, or at the end of a financial period."

1. What is the difference between a MYOB "back up" and a "backup"

2. How do I retrieve and restore a MYOB "back up"?

3. If the back up is taken every week, how do I tell MYOB which date I want?

THanks

nick

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Retrieving MYOB system Backups

Hi @nwoon 

Files stored online with AccountRight 2020 will allow the user to take a backup of their company file in the cloud. This can be done using File>>Backup. This would take a copy of the company file at that moment of backup and store it locally on your computer. 

MYOB will also take regular backups of those online company files for you. These are typically used as a last resort for clients. For example, say your computer got a virus that impacted those backup files but you needed to see if there were any changes to the online file, you can request an online server backup from MYOB which will be a snapshot when that server backup was taken.

In terms of actual differences, there is no difference between a backup that the user takes and an MYOB server backup. Although, we strongly recommend that users have those strong backup principles in place at their end to prevent the need to retrieve an MYOB server backup file.

Should you be needing to retrieving an MYOB server backup file, the AccountRight Live Owner for the serial number will typically need to contact our phone-based team who would be able to arrange for that. Basically, in short, we just confirm their identity, request a secure password to be provided, work with the user to identify what backup would best suit their needs and arrange for that fee to be charged. Once that has been processed, our team will start that process of that process. From our end, we get the desired team to retrieve that file and that file is then uploaded to a secure FTP account so you can claim that file.

It should be noted that there is a slight online server backup retrieval fee of $49.95 (price current at time of posting).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

nwoon
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Retrieving MYOB system Backups

Thanks. That's clear, and will take on your recommendation.

It would be great if these backups were part of the package that we subscribe to. We're already paying quite a premium price for the AR, so I would have thought that getting a backup is part of the service.

Thanks anyway.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post