Server update required message

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Norm0811
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Server update required message

We uploaded our primary company file to the cloud before Christmas break and were running 2 other company files offline.

Since returning from the break i am unable to access the offline files as it is showing the message "You're using AccountRight 2022.11, but the server you're connecting to has Unknown installed.  You should update AccountRight on the server , or install Unknown on this computer."

Any ideas on what this is referring too?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Server update required message

Hello @Norm0811 

Can you please send a screenshot of this error? 

From the error message said, it would seem you need to update the version of AccountRight locally, can you please try reinstalling AccountRight, I would recommend downloading a fresh installer from our downloads page to make sure you are installing the latest version. 

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Norm0811
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB_Error.PNG

Thanks for your response, the error message is above.  I have tried the reinstall on both my computer and the server but now I am getting the below message.  I am able to remote onto the server and access both the MYOB server edition and the offline files but cant access them on any of the network computers.

MYOB_Error2.PNG

MYOB_Error2.PNG
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @Norm0811 

If you have these error messages I would suggest following the troubleshooting suggestions from our Help Article on AccountRight library service issues

It has a range of steps which range from reinstalling the server edition to resetting the library service.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post