Set Library Location not displaying all options

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
schryan
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Set Library Location not displaying all options

3 months ago I installed Accountright SE 2022.7 for the first time.

I also executed the "Set Library Location SE" option to relocate the MYOB library files at which time I was presented with a list of folders from which to select. In selecting the preferred location, I restarted the PC and Accountright was able to find the company files. A subsequent update v2022.8 was installed and running fine. Accountright was finding the library and I could open my company files. All good.

Fast forward to a few days ago and the Myob auto-update installed v2022.9. I decided to investigate an alternate location for the Myob library (for practical reasons) so I ran the "Set Library Location SE" option as before. Now only 1 option is listed from which to select, that being "Desktop". Clearly this was incorrect as I originally had a number of options available 3 momths ago, none of which were being presented now.

So I uninstalled v2022.9, re-installed the preceding version v2022.8 and ran the "Set Library Location SE" option again. Same result. No other folders displayed, only "Desktop".

No changes have been made to the Windows 11 OS (other than the Microsoft-issued updates). I have Administrator access.

Anyone know how to fix this so I have a list of folders displayed again when wanting to run "Set Library Location SE" option?

2 REPLIES 2
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Set Library Location not displaying all options

Hi @schryan 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. At this time, AccountRight is tested and supported on Windows 8.1, 10, and Windows Server, 2012, 2016 & 2019.

Some users who have had connection problems with integrated applications have switched back to Windows 10 as a workaround, with varying success. 

Hope that helps in your situation, and if there are changes to supporting Windows 11 in the future - keep an eye on the System Requirements Page for an update.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Re: Set Library Location not displaying all options

Hi @SamaraM , Accountright 2022 is now  apparently supported on Windows 11, per https://www.myob.com/au/accounting-software/accountright/system-requirements

The link you included was different, for AR2021 and earlier. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post