Setting up Superstream for an SMSF

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Madea
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Setting up Superstream for an SMSF

Hi

I need help in setting up Superstream. 

I have phoned the MYOB help desk numerous times and have not been given satisfactory advice.

1.  We are using Accountright and have installed the 2015/16 compliance update

2.  We have a number of employees with SMSFs.

3.  On advice from the MYOB helpdesk,we were told that when we hit Pay Super after installing the compliance update we would be taken to a website to register for Superstream.

4. I phoned the MYOB help desk on 31/7/15 and was emailed a link to register for Superstream.  I was told it would take 48 hours to activate.

5.  I registered straight away and nothing has happened.

6.  We need to be able to set up payment details for the clearing houses our employees with SMSFs are registered with and cannot work do so.

Can someone please advise what we are supposed to. 

I'm currently on hold to the MYOB help desk for about the fifth time on this issue and am becoming very frustrated with the incorrect advice I am being given each and every time I phone.

5 REPLIES 5
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

642Kudos

1,227Solutions

Re: Setting up Superstream for an SMSF

Hi @Madea

Sorry to hear the frustration you've had getting support in setting up your company to be SuperStream compliant. 

The SuperStream compliant options you can use are different for AccountRight v19 range, and the new AccountRight Range. Our record shows that you are currently using AccountRight Enterprise v19 as well as M-Powered Superannuation service, that means you'll have the following options:

- Continue to pay super using M-Powered Superannuation. M-Powered Super is not StreamStream compliant, however while you are using it, we've organised a compliance plan for you with the ATO until June 30 2016. You can find this information of this Help page: About SuperSteam.

- Register for MYOB Super Portal, which I assume you have already done. In v19.11, if you don't use M-Powered Superannuation, when you click on Payroll > Pay Superannuation, you would have the option to generate a .csv file, which you can then upload it through the portal. MYOB Super Portal is currently open for registration, and will be available this month.

- Generate the .csv file from AccountRight, then upload it via a third party clearing house. 

Please note that currently SMSF isn't available yet for v19, we plan to add it closer to the end of the year. For now I would suggest continue using M-Powered Superannuation and make SMSF payments the same way as you previously do, you would have until 30/6/2016 to switch to a SuperStream compliant option.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to post again if you have further queries.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Desoreilly
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

So I take it that the AccountRight Version 19.11 is not ready to handle Superstream as yet?

CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

642Kudos

1,227Solutions

Hi @Desoreilly,

Please allow me to extend you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it an useful tool.

The SuperStream compliant option for AccountRight v19.11 is MYOB Super Portal. We are also pleased to let you know that you can now upload files that have SMSF contributions to Super Portal: What's new.

If you currently use M-Powered Superannuation, please do note that it is SuperStream compliant. However ATO has agreed that M-Powered Super users would have until 31/6/2016 to move to become SuperStream compliant.

Hope this helps. If you have more queries please let us know. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Desoreilly
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How do I register for the MYOB Super Portal so I can be superstream compliant?  I'm using Account Right Premier V19.11.1A. Under Pay Superannuation in the Payroll window it has M-Powered Super or MYOB Super Portal. These are both greyed out.

Also I have three employes with SMSFs and these do not come up in the Pay Superannuation window. I have to pay them through the Pay Liabilities  window. Assuming I can get the Super Portal to work I will need to inclde these 3 employees with the Pay Superannuaation. Could you pleease tell me how I can do this?

CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

642Kudos

1,227Solutions

Hi @Desoreilly,

In AccountRight v19, both M-Powered Superannuation and MYOB's Super Portal are both accessed via Payroll > Pay Superannuation, depending on a setting file. To use Super Portal, you will need to 'turn off' M-Powered related settings.

To do so, please:

- Open the company file > Setup > Preferences > Security > de-select 'Intergrate the M-Powered Service Centre'

- Close AccountRight

- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the where the company file is saved.

- Rename the .box file there to .box1, or move the .box file to a different location. This box file contains your M-Powered service data.

- Reopen AccountRight, when prompted choose 'new file' to create a new .box file.

Once done, when you go to Pay Superannuation again, it will give you the option to sign up for Super Portal. In the meantime, SMSF will appear on the list when you go to Pay Superannuation to save contribution csv files. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post